• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Sooty - update post 31 She's back in again!

My bun Tippex Porkychicken collapsed the day after her mxyi vac last year. It turned out to be caused by e. cuniculi: the stress of having been spayed, treated for mites, rehomed, introduced to other rabbits and then her vaccine, over the space of a few weeks was too much for her body to deal with. She's fine now, and has never had a vaccine reaction since.

My bun Tippex Porkychicken collapsed the day after her mxyi vac last year. It turned out to be caused by e. cuniculi: the stress of having been spayed, treated for mites, rehomed, introduced to other rabbits and then her vaccine, over the space of a few weeks was too much for her body to deal with. She's fine now, and has never had a vaccine reaction since.

Was it a Nobivac vaccine? E.C was one of the other things they mentioned. They're keeping her in because they don't know what it is - she isn't showing any other signs of EC. Thank goodness I changed my vets - I'm using the vet school in Edinburgh now so at least it's some comfort knowing she's in good hands.

Was it a Nobivac vaccine? E.C was one of the other things they mentioned. They're keeping her in because they don't know what it is - she isn't showing any other signs of EC. Thank goodness I changed my vets - I'm using the vet school in Edinburgh now so at least it's some comfort knowing she's in good hands.

I think it was Nobivac myxo. I'm not saying the vaccine was at fault, just that too many stresses at once can trigger an episode of e.c. Hopefully they are treating for that anyway. Mine had an anti-inflammatory, fenbendazole, septrin and supportive treatment (i.v. fluids and intensive nursing). They don't always have all the symptoms.

Lots of vibes x

Luna wasnt well after her vaccinations last year and was quiet/limp the following morning (she had the vaccine at 7pm the following evening) but I blame that on the vet giving her both Myxo and VHD vaccinations together :evil:

She was fine after 24 hours of first looking 'unwell' - I hope its the same for Sooty x

Update

I phoned the vet a little while ago. Tomorrow they are going to x-ray her and do further tests. She's been stressed out enough today so they want to give her some peace now. Her back legs are still the same but her eyes are back to normal and she's still eating,drinking, pooing and peeing (and bit a vet). They don't know what's wrong and have only gave her a painkiller and anti-inflamitory (sp) in case it is a reaction to the vaccine. They've said it could be a number of things - allergic reaction, e.c, an infection, neurological or a type of roundworm called baliscarus proconi (that's not spelt right but think it sounds about right). I'll let you all know when I find out more. Thanks for the vibes xxx.

Another update.

Well, my girly is being kept in over the weekend :cry: Her right back leg is fine but she's still got a wobbly left one. Her x-rays and tests that she had today all came back clear (or negative) so they have said that to say the vaccine caused it would be a guess. They have done other tests but some of the results won't be back till next week and others could take weeks.

Please don't read this and not get your bunnies myxi jab - if it has been caused by the vaccine then it could be something to do with Sooty's immune system etc. It does not mean it would happen to your bun or that the vaccine is at fault.

Back