• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola isnt well- advice and vibes please.U/D been to emergency vets.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Morning folks.
Lola is not well this morning. She is really quiet and withdrawn and off her food. She is panting quite heavily and just flopped in her cage and not her usual self. She is seeing the emergency vet at 1.30pm.

She is sitting in her litter tray so I am trying to see if she is pooing.

She had a health check yesterday and was micro chipped at the same time and she was fine last night but she is just lethargic this morning and wont even eat banana or Weetabix.

Going to give her some tummy rubs, she just does not seem to be able to get comfy.

Last edited:
Oh no! not poor lola! :(
Sending get well vibes xxxx
i hope shes ok..

Are rabbits allowed weetabix? i never knew this.... how would you give it to them? dry and straight out of the packet? :)

I only give her the little mini ones as a special treat. but she wont even eat them this morning.

Sounds like she's off her food then. Has she pooed? You need to keep an eye on that, otherwise she could end up going into stasis. Have you got some fresh herbs you could try her with. That's what I fed Moo with when she was ill over the weekend. I got her to eat loads just to keep things ticking over. Also I chased her about a bit to encourage the poos to come.

Sounds like she's feeling a bit hacked off with having the micro-chipping done!

Sending huge vibes x

Sounds like she's off her food then. Has she pooed? You need to keep an eye on that, otherwise she could end up going into stasis. Have you got some fresh herbs you could try her with. That's what I fed Moo with when she was ill over the weekend. I got her to eat loads just to keep things ticking over. Also I chased her about a bit to encourage the poos to come.

Sounds like she's feeling a bit hacked off with having the micro-chipping done!

Sending huge vibes x

She is in the litter tray but no poo. How do I rub her tummy? I had chased her a little bit to try and get her tum stimulated. Been out and picked some dandelions and she just is not bothered, even banana wont interest her.

Its the first time she ahs been poorly since I got her She seems unable to get comfortable and is sat in the litter tray but not producing anything.

Cripes, Im scared.:cry:

Oh nooo Lola is one of my favourite bun buns on here. Come on Lola lots of poos and munching for your mummy VIBES ~~~~~~

thinking of you.....I would keep trying to move her around a bit, tummy rubs can be given very gently either with her lying on the floor or holding her. Do you have any infacol? if you do it might be worth giving her a drop of that & also using the pipette (if you don't have syringes) that it comes with to give some luke warm water or fresh pinapple juice if you have any in the house.

thinking of you.....I would keep trying to move her around a bit, tummy rubs can be given very gently either with her lying on the floor or holding her. Do you have any infacol? if you do it might be worth giving her a drop of that & also using the pipette (if you don't have syringes) that it comes with to give some luke warm water or fresh pinapple juice if you have any in the house.

I dont have any but will get some to keep in. Thank you for your help.

Should I take her to the vets with Lucy?

I will get some Infacol to keep in for emergencies, thank you.

Please take her to the vets as soon as possible. She sounds just like Dulcie was this morning and in which case it's gut stasis and she needs a painkiller injection and one to stimulate her digestion.

Vibes for Lola.

Back