• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hm.....:S U/d, Read Reply to Helen:) Explains More:) xx

Is This Okay??...:)
j.jpg

Forr 100? xx

Last edited:
For how many rabbits and what size are they? :)

At quick glance (sorry I'm at work and can't look in too much detail) is the hutch lid secured with anything (like a catch, bolt or lock) or does it just lift up like in the photo? I'd be worried about strong winds blowing the lid up :shock:

Last edited:
I've looked at this 1 in detail before. It's only a 4ft hutch which is 18 inches wide so definitely not suitable for rabbits and it's pushing it for guinea pigs tbh. You need at least 5ft hutch (preferably 6ft) which is 2 ft deep as recommended by the RSPCA.

they'd onley bee in it on a night and morning, its got 2 floors:?

No, the ground floor is the run, not properly a second floor. I still say it's too small as my buns have a shed which is the same length as the run but a foot narrower attached to an 8ft x 4ft run just to keep them safe at night plus they are free range all day and still manage to fill my garden. If the hutch was 2 ft not 18 inches wide it may be more acceptable.

Last edited:
Yeah the hutch itself is only 4ft...too small.
The recommended size is a 6ftx2ftx2ft hutch with an attached run...like this...but the 6ft version

Last edited:
Oh right :? If it’s a permanent run then I would be concerned about:-

1. Size of the hutch. It really ought to be bigger as Rhian33 points out. Even if they’re only being locked in there at night, it’s a long time for 2 rabbits to be shut in that amount of floorspace since rabbits can be quite active at night and still need a minimum area of space.

As well as floorspace in the hutch, the run and bottom level of the hutch have a height of only 44cm, and the top level of the hutch only has a height of 48cm. Rabbits should be able to stand up on their back legs without being hampered by the ceiling above their heads. Are you sure that this height is going to be enough for them to be able to do that? (Even if they are small now, they might grow bigger if they are still young and there is no point spending that amount of money on something they will grow out of in 3 months)

2. Ground cover. You would need to put something down to stop them digging out – either putting the run on concrete, or putting strong meshing over the top of the grass or sunk underneath the grass so they can graze without trouble but if they try and dig anywhere, they won’t get far.

3. Sturdyness. I would never buy anything I hadn’t seen in person unless it were thoroughly recommended by another member on here who has already had one a little while. I like to test things, lean on them a bit and try and wobble the wood and see how strong it’s built and judge if it’s likely to fall apart at the slightest bit of weathering. Unfortunately you won't be able to do that with this one unless you go and buy it from somewhere with one on display, all you have to go by are their guarantees of 'good wood and good workmanship' which might be different to your own standards and expectations of what is good or not.

I think that this hutch/run combo is only 'officially' intended to be used as a garden run separately from a larger secured hutch or area. At least that’s what they would probably say if questioned by the RSPCA about minimum space :roll:

I would personally not buy this hutch/run for 2 rabbits to permenantly live in :?

Hi Ashleigh.

I thought we had covered this in one of your previous threads.

A hutch for a small to medium pair of bunnies needs to be 6x2x2 and then have a run attached. A 4fter is not big enough.

What happened to your wendy house and double storey solutions?

If you look back at the answers that we have already given you about accommodation when you have asked before, you shouldn't need any more info.

Helen

i was looking for that:? thats the one, is that 1 okay?, wich is better thistle hall with an atached run, (not that 1), or that ebay one the better 1?:)

Back