• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vaccination help

Mr Cookie Bun

Mama Doe
I've just got back from taking Sooty and Cookie for their myxi booster. Sooty's kinda acting like her back legs are drunk (best way to describe it). Vet's number is engaged - is this a reaction to the vaccine or is it normal? (nobivac vaccination)

Hi

Think its best you check with your vet. My buns all had their Myxi jabs this morning but did not display any reactions to it.

Hope you bun is ok

Myxxi Jab

Hi our Hector had his Myxxi Jab, possibly just a coincidence but made us think he came up in a load of lumps all over his body, the vet was testing him for all sorts but thought it could be lymphoma or some kind of cancer, she gave him antibiotics which we had to give him in a syringe nurses him inside day and night really touch and go, fortunately he came through it. Strange it all happened after a Myxxi Jab! Sorry not the best person to ask bit cynical about it, but Hector died last month, I wonder if he ever got over the vacc. Not going to have my lady bun Rosie done just in case. Although I am sure alot of owners have had success with it.

Hope your bun is ok, any doubt please don't delay though and get in touch with your vet its so frightening how quick they go down hill!! :roll:

Not going to have my lady bun Rosie done just in case. Although I am sure alot of owners have had success with it.
QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your boy :cry:
She's at the vets now :cry:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176114
If it was the vaccine then I believe that it would be an extremly rare reaction to it. When (not if - I have faith in her) she gets better the vet has suggested that the next time she gets her myxi vacc. they use a different brand of vaccine. There are loads of things it could be, I just initially thought it was because she had just had her vaccination and she was perfectly healthy earlier, but then again mabye she wasn't :?
I couldn't possibly not get them their myxi vaccinations - there's far too many wild rabbits around the area I live in to risk it.

Back