• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

AAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH 'It's only a rabbit!!!' I could throttle my nephew!

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
I swear I don't know how I contained myself today & didn't tell my nephew on Mark's side to :censored: off!!!!!

He rang me at work to ask me if I knew where his mate could get a baby rabbit from? He said his mate had been into both PAH stores in Sheffield & they didn't have any in - which I thought was great given the time of year :D I asked him why his mate wanted a rabbit - he said 'oh his little daughter wants one for her birthday & he didn't want to disappoint her!' :evil::evil::evil: He also had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to let him have one of mine :shock::evil::censored:

Well you can imagine how I started to go off on one :evil: I said to him the only other places that were a possibility were for him to go to a rescue BUT to bear in mind that they would be subject to a homecheck & they wouldn't be able to adopt if their set up wasn't suitable etc.

My nephew's response was 'You're joking me - it's only a rabbit?!?! Surely they're not seen as being that important are they?!?!?' :evil::evil::evil: I swear if he'd have been infront of me, I'd have throttled him :evil::evil::evil:

At that point I launched into him about how buns get such a raw deal because of folk like him & his friend. I suggested his friend my want to buy his kid a stuffed toy!!!! Somehow I don't think he'll ring for my advice again - family or not!!! I couldn't careless if I've upset him :evil:

After he'd spoken to me, he then proceeded to ring Mark to ask him exactly the same things :shock: To which he got the same short shrift :censored::evil::censored:

Last edited:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

well donr to you ... its hard when its family :(

I know it is - but to be honest, I just thought sod it - I'm fed up of family or not thinking bunnies are 'great starter pets for kids!' I tell you some people can be so bl***y ignorant & complete & utter idiots at times - even if they are relations :roll:

Its hard when its your family and your only trying to do whats best for the animal:( Well done for doing it and sticking up for bunnies:D x Lets hope he doesnt stick to his daughters birthday wish and gets her a toy bunny instead!

Very well done to you. It's horrible to get that 'It's just a rabbit' respons from people with absolutely no clue nor compassion.

God I hate it when people say that sort of thing :evil:

Good on you. :D I hope his friend thinks again about getting a rabbit now.

Oh come on, Bunnyaddict. What are you getting so worked up over? It's only a rabbit! :roll: :?

I'm really glad you stood up to your family. I've been trying to educate my friends. One of my friends' little brothers had a guinea pig with ridiculously long nails and a broken water bottle, housed in a 1.5 ft x 1 ft wire cage with a rusted wire floor. I lectured his little brother for a good 10 minutes about proper care for an animal. :censored::censored:

Sometimes I get nervous calling the pizza place to put in an order, but I have all the bravery in the world when I come to the defense of an animal. No one hurts my bunnies! :evil:

Good on you for sticking up for bunnies. I agree, tell 'em to sod off. Stick it right up 'em.

Bunnies rock!

Good for you Denise, although I'm not sure how much of it will have sunk in if he rang Mark up straight afterwards. :roll: I'm glad Mark gave him the same response though.

The frustrating thing about some of these people is that they only hear what they want to hear and you can talk till you're blue in the face & they still think you're wrong & they're right. Dd's friend has a bunny and they want to get her a friend - the mum has suggested getting a baby boy bun so that the girl will think it's her baby and then they won't mate. :shock: Casey tried to explain to her friend what utter :censored: that is, but the mum insisted it's true because a friend told her so. :evil::evil::roll::roll:

Doesn't it just drive you completely mental :censored:

I don't know how many times, people at work have asked me for advice regarding pets etc and then completely ignored what I've told them :evil::evil:

Then 6 months later, they ask me if I can rehome their dog, rabbit, cat, guinea pig etc - it drives me wild !!!

Hence the reason I only talk to half the people I work with :lol:

Or you get visitors that say I 'spoil' my animals and they don't need such big cages etc - Arghhhhhhhhhh - how dare they - I'm proud of the way I look after my babies - all of them regardless of whether they are my two goldfish or the dogs - people seem to think that the less the animal cost, the less it deserves :censored::evil::censored::evil:

Right - deep breath - off my soap box now :wave:

Back