• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed!!!! U/D she's gone

sarahslc

Warren Scout
Lady has been at the vets twice in the last two days. She has been diagnosed with pasturella, its affected her respiratory system quite badly, The vet sent o/h home with her last night after a painkilling injection, an antibiotic injection and with some critical care as she is not eating as normal and warned him not to be surprised if she didn't make it through the night.
We syringe fed her last night and "steamed" her as vet advised and she was still with us this am.:D
We have syringe fed her again today as well as her eating a little bit on her own.
O/H took her back to vets this afternoon as vet had requested to see her again. She said she was shocked to see her as didn't think her chances were v. good yesterday and if she had a hat she would have taken it off to her! We have metacam and baytril to give her alongside the critical care as her guts have slowed down and we are "steaming" her twice a day. So please everyone I need get well vibes and poo vibes and if anyone has any some advice cos I've never dealt with this before. Thanks

Last edited:
Sending vibes for lady.

When Nessa had her respiratory infection our vet recommended putting some Vick rub on the inside of her cage as well as the steaming :)

So sorry to hear your bunny is poorly. We had one with the same problem a few years ago. She recovered but had recurring episodes. She was on long term Baytril and a Steroid.

I'm worrying more because she is an old lady of 6 - I think she's done really well battling this so far fingers crossed

Not looking good this am - her breathing is quite laboured but she is still wanting to eat and it alert so I feel if she hasn't given up the neither should I just yet. Bit worried about syringe feeding as don't want her to aspirate it?

Just been back to vets unfortunately had to see locum:cry:. Lady has had a steriod jab more antibiotic and a gut stimulant. He wasn't very hopeful though (if I hadn't been so adamant I was prepared to do anything I thing he would of PTS):cry: He did offer to take her in but I think the stress of that would finish her off. I feel so helpless:cry:

Lady has gone, she went early this am, sadly I think I just missed it as she was still very floppy when i found her, it looked like it had been very peaceful. I thought we had possibly started turning the corner yesterday when she ate on her own but her breathing hadn't improved and i guess that got the better of her. I take my hat off to her though as she certainly defied the vets prediction albeit for a couple of days brave little girl:(:(:(

Sorry to hear this :( Does sound like she was a fighter though and sounds as if you did everything you could.

RIP little one x

Back