• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a question from a friend... URGENT

Mazda

Warren Veteran
This is from a friend of mine...
Ive tried to help, but everything i have suggested she has tried x

Thanks RU xx

what can I feed a rabbit who is refusing to eat, and wont eat pellets, mashed pellets, hay, recovery feed or vegetables?

This is from a friend of mine...
Ive tried to help, but everything i have suggested she has tried x

Thanks RU xx

I would be making sure the rabbit has seen a vet :)

If a rabbit needs recovery (at a vets suggestion) she will need to force feed. An anorexic rabbit will not eat voluntarily. The main concern should be finding out why the rabbit isn't eating.

Have you checked it's guts for bloating, gurgling? What about teeth? The vet would need to check the back ones.

I agree - this bunny needs to see a vet as soon as possible, it will probably need to be put on a drip to get some fluid into it, and some other medicine to help with pain and to get things moving again. There is a serious danger that this bunny will die without urgent treatment by a vet. Hope the little bun is ok xx

:censored::censored: her mum wont take her tot he vets!! :cry::cry:

Then I doubt the bunny will survive the night from the sounds of it. Can you get your mum to talk to her mum? This bun is probably in pain & distress and TBH if she doesn't get vet treatment then ought to be reported to the RSPCA. Perhaps a sensible chat by one adult to another adult might get her to change her mind.

Back