• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucy is a fatty bun bun!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Had Juicy Lucy in for a health check this morning and she had a weigh in! 2.4 kgs!:shock: Lola is 1.6kg. She is at the top of her weight limit, not overweight yet but :censored:she is a little porker, but she was so skinny when she came to us I think I may be a "feeder":oops:

Lucy is so greedy and finishes off Lolas food so I think seperate feeding may be brought in. She gets a handful of SS pellets on a morning and at night, loads of Timothy Hay and greens such as dandelions through out the day. They get a mini Weetabix/Shredded Wheat on a night for supper just to check they are eating OK before I cover them up for the night but I didnt expect her to weight so much!

I am a bunny feeder!

lol bless. i would cut out the pellets in the evening time first and see how they go with that, lops to tend to be very greedy. petal sakes the bars in the morning looking her food.

:lol::lol:

Bless Lucy!

I have this problem with Lily at the moment, she is exactly the same weight as Lucy aswell! I've just stopped the pellets at night so she dosen't get any porkier :oops:

Is Lily a starver? Lucy is constantly hungry, I have wormed her, but she is constantly ravenous or is it just bunny greed? I think I will split her breakfast pellets into two servings as I would feel awful not giving her tea, she knows when its 5pm!:lol::lol:

Lucy is also quite a picky eater though, she wont eat grapes etc, not too keen on sweet stuff.

Blooming buns, picky little sods!

:lol:

I had a shock when Flopsy was weighed the other week......3.15kg!! The vet said she definatly doesn't want her to get any bigger!
Flops hoovers away anything put in front of her :lol:

yeah my petal likes to hoover up grumbs too of all sorted. i'm not sure what petal weighs but i don't think it as much as your buns. tuff choppies for her i'm afraid, i don't give in to her, i also don't gave her as many treats as i do with ted.

Dudley who was substantially smaller than Daisy when they were little is now somewhat larger! He doesn't like sweet things either and munches most of the greens and lots of hay so it's confusing as to why he's becoming a porker and not Daisy! I think the main problem is that he is much less active! I'm not sure what I can do about that?

She gets plenty of exercise in the garden, she loves it, its Lola who sits at the back door whining to come in!

Are Lops prone to being overweight?

Bless, she weighs the same as Molly so i have cut down her pellets to just a handfull in the evening and a handful of veg in the morning and plenty of hay.

But the thing with Molly she always seem to be hungrey and will gobble it down in one go Jack on the otherhand isnt too keen on veg and will still have some pellets left in the morning.

I chase my Duncan round the garden - the neighbours think I'm loop loo but if I don't he just sits there lounging! :roll:

You've just got to stand firm. I've cut out his rich tea that he likes and his weetabix - gradually that is. I just keep telling myself when he is looking at me wth his doeful eyes that it's for his benefit! It is hard though :oops:

Last edited:
It probably depends on the type of lop.. mini, dwarf etc.. Toshi is a biddy little thing - he was the runt and has always had probs keeping weight on - you can feel his bones and he is clinically anorexic.. but is being treated for it... I was amazed he weighs 2.43kg (but I think most of this is the poop he has stuck in his colon! which is slowly making its way out!) before his illness he weighed just over 2kg but looked fatter/healthy build if you get me...

Our doe Dutch Rosie is 2.14kg. Our rex male is about 2.5kg (yet feels much heavier than Toshi to hold?!) and Madam the head doe is a lop.. and she is very heavy to hold.. she is not fat to look at and darts round like a tank on autodestruct... so it could be muscle.. do they have a BMI type thing for bunnies!

(I am curous now about good bunny scales so I will post a thread...)

She gets plenty of exercise in the garden, she loves it, its Lola who sits at the back door whining to come in!

Are Lops prone to being overweight?

Sounds like Lucys problem is she's definately a trough monster then :lol: I think lops can get overweight quite easily! Id hate to seperate mine at feeding time that would spoil all their fun stealing from each other! I guess I'll just have to keep giving Mr Porky Pants (that sounds well wrong :shock::lol:) a prod every time he flops out for a snooze...I'm gonna be busy!

ETA meant to say Mr Porky Pants which isn't much better :lol:

Last edited:
Strawberry is a piggie, he eats everything and anything, and all within 2 minutes! Yet he is so slender and athletic looking. Whereas Snowdrop hardly eats anything and is a right porker! She is going to the vets tomorrow to be weighed and have her teeth checked and to say hello to the guys there, i bet she is at least 2.5kg if not more!

same!

:lol:same as zoe!she's 2.5 kg!!!:oops::(
is she prone? plz tell me quick, she gets excersice nearly every day!!!:shock::(

Last edited:
Back