• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting my wee man a girlfriend

Paddy Charlie

Young Bun
Ok so I have a lovely little 2 year old dutch lop and I want to get him a wee friend so he isn't too lonely. He is neutered so I'm going to try and find a female rescue bunny about the same age and temperment as him.

He is very friendly and never hits or bites. Although he will try kick a little if i pick him up. He had to have his front teeth taken out when he was about 8 months as they weren't growing right but he has perfect health other than that.

What I was really wondering is will he get a hard time off another bunny as he isn't aggresive at all and the new bunny will have teeth to bite him?

Im sure the rescues will have a lady friend for him!:D

My Lola is feisty and Lucy is so laid back and they are chalk and cheese but they love each other very very much x

No..it will dependon the character of the bun you choose and a rescue should be able to advise you on that
Also..how he acts with you is not an indicator of how he'll be with another rabbit..so he may turn out to be a bully!
As long as the bonding is done correctly he will be much happier with a freind of his own kind

He has been out with some Guinea pigs and didn't even give them a second look although they just ran from him. So hoping he will be still well behaved when he gets a friend.

Unfortunatly there are no bunnies where I am at the moment for him so will have to wait a bit longer.

It'd just be an unfair fight if they can bite lol

Where are you based? I'm sure there is a rescue somewhere.
I wouldn't advice putting rabbits and guinea pigs together. Rabbits can accidentally injure pigs - they are completely different animals with different ways of communicating etc. :)

I would definately get him a friend - it is amazing the difference you see in a bun when they get a friend. My Dolly was lovely when she was on her own, but when we got her husbun Sooty she became so much sweeter and is even more affectionate to him and us and her husban Sooty has come out of his shell since finding his wife.

Your new bun probably won't realise he does not have teeth and will run away when they sense being snapped at - good luck! :)

Back