• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fidget's confusing me :-S

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
After her spay last week she seems to have recovered extremely well and if its possible become more lively and cheeky than she was before. But.... her diet is strange. I put a post up about her not eating much hay earlier this week, which she is still not doing despite having used to hoover the stuff. She still eats all her pellets but she is being funny with her veggies now too. She generally eats them all eventually but doesn't show all that much interest when they are first put in front of her and tends to have a little nibble hear and there and go back. However, before her spay NOTHING would distract her from her veggies until every last morsel was safely in her tum. Her poos, although normal size and consistency (if a bit dark, i put that down to the lack of hay) smell really weird, and strong too. What's going on? :?

Honey wouldn't eat hay for a few days after her spay she decided to be fussy. How long ago was she spayed? Has the hay changed or looks different?

Honey wouldn't eat hay for a few days after her spay she decided to be fussy. How long ago was she spayed? Has the hay changed or looks different?

Hi, it was last wednesday so almost a week. Well it was what she was eating before her spay but its not the same as her 'usual' hay as i am at home in manchester so get it from a different place than when at uni but she has eaten it before (over xmas period) and wolfed it down before the spay.

I did recall when my bridge bun Goofball came back from a dental, she stopped eating hay. The theory was, because of her molars (4 total), she had fear of eating hay from the pain, so she stopped eating it.

But in your case, the above doesn't apply. However, after she's fully recovered, I would do a full dental check, it can be a coincidence but Fidget can still have dental problem

It's possible the antibiotics she had after her spay have killed off the freindly bacteria in her tum, so a dose of probiotics may help kick start her again.

Oh :(
Hope she gets her appetite back soon then.

I know Ogs werent in his regualr food pattern ( like he is now, greedy git ) until about a week and half later. He ate it but didnt seem to bother about it.

Back