• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dissapointed about Dawson's hutches

confusedman

Mama Doe
Obviously I don't blame JOhn but I am a bit dissapointed because after a while of research we were almost to order our first hutch.
One of the reasons we have chosen Dawsons apart from the quality is the fact that I read somewhere that he could build the hutch in your garden. As my garden has only access through the house and is not possible to make the whole hutch fit through the door we thought this was very convenient for us.
Today when I asked him he told me to go to p@h to buy one flat one. :oops:

Is there no way you could ask a neighbour to lift a fence panel while you get it on the garden?

Evening all.

Yep, Kernow is fabulous stuff and has a ten year guarantee so effectively for the lifetime of the rabbit. They can be made to suit, based on the designs there offer. I did used to work at a rescue that had the entire accommodation made for them to suit their requirements and they were beautiful. The great thing is that they can be dismantled and re-errected time and time again. I should know, my friends have them and I have helped move them to new homes twice (well helped move the hutches twice).

In fact I know at least 6 people who have bought them and think that they are absolutely worth the money - they are more expensive than shop bought but the quality is brilliant.

Highly recommended. Made in Cornwall to order and delivered to you door. Good fixings too - quality security bolts etc.

Helen :D

Thanks. THis hutch matter is being quite upseting for me. It took long to decide to send the rabbits outside. Then argues with my partner about the size and type of hutch, and when the decision was almost made.... let's start again.
I think Im gonna kill Fanta and George and that's all!!

Thanks. THis hutch matter is being quite upseting for me. It took long to decide to send the rabbits outside. Then argues with my partner about the size and type of hutch, and when the decision was almost made.... let's start again.

nnnnnooooooo.

It'll all work out you'll see. Just think when you've got what you want and it's all set up, it'll be fab.

:shock::cry::shock:

It is very frustrating when you think you have sorted something after a lot of thought and discussion and then your best plans are then scuppered.

You may find this all works out for the best as if the other hutches were made in the garden you may have found that in the long run they could not be moved if you descided to change where you were based.

I would sit down and work out what you want and see what Kernow can help. At least we know that they will do properly collapsable hutches.

Thanksssssssssssssssss Janice for being always there and giving us your advice (and George-ous)
Thanks as well to the rest of you....! :love:

Last edited:
:shock::cry::shock:

It is very frustrating when you think you have sorted something after a lot of thought and discussion and then your best plans are then scuppered.

You may find this all works out for the best as if the other hutches were made in the garden you may have found that in the long run they could not be moved if you descided to change where you were based.

I would sit down and work out what you want and see what Kernow can help. At least we know that they will do properly collapsable hutches.

Yeah, all you need is a strong wrist or an electric screwdriver and your away!

I like the fact that the are happy to do one that is 3ft deep so the bunnies have got lots of space to lie down front to back. Their double storey, 6x2x2 is also amazing.

Let us know how you get on. Oh yeah, and tell 'em who sent you.....only kidding.

John and his team bought all of ours through the hedge across the neighbours garden as we have no back access, we literally put ropes round the trunk, pulled the hedge apart and they climbed over the fence through the hedge with the hutch, but it would not have been impossible to get it through the house if needs be.
We have triple 6x2x2's from Dawsons, they do come preassembled but they can be stripped down into 3 individual layers and then put together as a triple at your house. He actually did ours as a double then put the top hutch on once here. Also to answer your earlier query, ours came prestained and treated :)

Back