• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mites?

unalakey

Mama Doe
i think my Charlie boy has mites, i just thought he was moulting as he looked quite tufty but after looking closely he has a patch of dandruff, Is this mites? Do i need to take him to the vets or can i treat it myself? Thanks

Check for red marks like tiny cuts if there are most likely mites (my toby had them not nice :() If it is go to your vets and get ivermectin and apply it to his/her neck I think its for a few weeks not sure how long it is.

Una if you want to bring him over to me I will have a look at him for you and I have Ivermectin:D

Jill (honeybunny) has mites at the moment - perhaps she can help? :)

ErR I may have a lot wrong with me but I don't have mites!:lol:

Ivermectin is the way to go..so I'd take Kay's kind offer up if I was you

Evidently they have changed the licensing on Ivermec..so the price has shot up..can anyone confirm this?:?

Una if you want to bring him over to me I will have a look at him for you and I have Ivermectin:D

Sorry Kay, didnt see this post:oops: I took Charlie to the vets and he has some XENO 450 so hopefully this will cure it. I have to apply two tubes every two weeks (got 4 tubes) then take him back for a repeat course. Does this seem right?

Back