• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a friend for my grumpy but loveable girl Poppet

Littlebobo

New Kit
Hello there,

wondering if you can help I have tried bonding my bun Poppet with several different rabbits 1 was her sister who i ended up having to seperate after 1 year together ..they fought a lot and now Munch has a lovely new home but Poppet is still all alone.

I recently tried to bond her with another rabbit and things seemed to be going well until she just lost it with him, she has a lovely calm nature until you put her near another rabbit :(

She is spayed and vcc'd VHD and Mixi ..she is now 4 years old and would love for her to have a friend can anyone help i'm worried about her getting lonely !

Thanks,

LB

Is there a rescue centre near you? They sometimes let you 'try out' the rabbits they have with yours i.e. put them together and see how they react. You might find one that it's love at first sight! :love:

Hope you manage to find her a husbun.

You are not too far from woodgreen animal shelter, they are in Heydon, its a lovely place to visit. They may be able to help you :)

:wave: If you get her a friend from a rescue who does bondings they could bond them for you. It could be that the area you are trying to bond in isn't neutral enough. Bonding her somewhere totally different could be better as she sounds quite dominant. A rescue would also have different rabbits to try her with :D

You are not too far from woodgreen animal shelter, they are in Heydon, its a lovely place to visit. They may be able to help you :)

Caroline's rescue the Rabbit Residence isn't far from there either, she has about 80 rabbits so there's bound to be one that will bond with yours - Caroline will also do the bonding for you :)

Thanks for your replies

I have tried woodgreen they dont have any that are not already paired :( ...and yes i would really like to try the bonding in a nuetral environment ..half of the problem is because my garden is kind of her territory i suppose ..I would bring them in for bonding but i also have 4 cats and down want to stress them out !!!...

I have messaged about the crockett nethie boy ..I do hope I can find help somewhere ...I do worry about the poor little madam all alone :(

I have messaged about the crockett nethie boy ..I do hope I can find help somewhere ...I do worry about the poor little madam all alone :(

He's really pretty:love: Bonding is a LOT easier on neutral territory - especially when there's a girlie involved:D

I have tried woodgreen they dont have any that are not already paired :( ...and yes i would really like to try the bonding in a nuetral environment ..half of the problem is because my garden is kind of her territory i suppose ..I would bring them in for bonding but i also have 4 cats and down want to stress them out !!!...

Awww i'm glad, he's gorgeous! There's too many gorgeous rabbits about at the minute. Good job im full up eh? ;)

Thanks guys im a total novice at all of this ..its funny to think that people just assume it is so easy to own a rabbit ..!!!

They are fickle little furry things aren't they :)

I will also post on introductions as i kind of registered here in 2006 but never really joined if you know what i mean :p

Hi

you still need to pm me your address and contact number:D
Then we can take it from there..and yep we will bond for you and bunny runs can sometimes be arranged:D

Back