• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone know if

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
your bun has a run attached to a shed will they know to go back in to eat their hay or should i place some hay in the run aswell?

They will definately know where the food is ok :D:lol:

But you could always attach a hay rack to their run as well. We use the half hanging baskets, they make great hay racks :)

I should think they will know how to get back in. It always amazes me that Bean and Truffle know where their litter tray is and their hay despite having full run of the house!

:lol::lol: was just worrying as i'm not home during the day and would hate the thought of them sitting outside all day starving. i'll hopefully know next week when i'm off what they do :lol: they hanging baskets is a good idea too. i've got them outdoor cat toilets to use just incase the don't make it inside lol :lol:thanks for the replies.

Yea they will go back inside for food/hay etc.. I too use half hanging baskets.. and have some hay in the run - and also a water bottle... is your run on grass or slabs etc? You could always grow some trays of grass and pop them in the run for amusement/grazing/foraging (to last them all of an hour :lol:) we are doing this.. but I didn't realise how slowly grass grows when you are watching it lol!

Yea they will go back inside for food/hay etc.. I too use half hanging baskets.. and have some hay in the run - and also a water bottle... is your run on grass or slabs etc? You could always grow some trays of grass and pop them in the run for amusement/grazing/foraging (to last them all of an hour ) we are doing this.. but I didn't realise how slowly grass grows when you are watching it lol!
they will be on slabs, but was intending on building another run for the grass which when i'm at home i can set them into it. :lol:

you cud put some in and out if you wanna, but if its new, they will explore and then find the hay! hey-presto!:lol::D i bet your run is lush, thats wat i wanna get!:love::p

lol i hope so, it'll be 6x4 in size and i'm hoping to put a wooden canopy over it at the end of the summer (need to save first), it's all being built next week hopefully. so excited :lol: just can't to see my buns faces. :D :love:

Back