• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weekend away = OH + 4 terrorising rabbits

Sam_Spice

Mama Doe
Thursday:: all four buns seem happily bonded, only spent one night together = not the best time for us to have to go up north (to see my family) and leave my OH in charge of the rabbits :shock::shock:. We leave rabbits in the small NIC set-up for the weekend as their bonding and OH only needs to hay + water a few times a day.

Friday:: Ring/text OH about the bunnies, update is all good but they've emptied all water and hay overnight, instructions feed lots more hay, give another water bowl :D Mobile picture I received on evening one:
02042009423.jpg

Bearing in mind Spice and Ozzy are litter trained and normally just use one litter tray for eating in and one for their "business" :D So normally they have a clear floor hehe.

Saturday:: Update is all hay gone again, water bowl keeps getting tipped over. Instructions feed even more hay!! Add the old small water bottle. Picture from day 2:
03042009429.jpg

I've noticed a Spice location pattern, Joe still nowhere to be seen in the pictures?!

Sunday:: Hay still all vanished by morning but water ok now. Instructions: feed them ridiculous amounts of hay!! (Getting abit worried to how much my OH is actually feeding...:roll:). Picture from day 3:
04042009436.jpg

Only one rabbit left?!! :shock:

I also got back on Sunday so here's some pictures I took:
DSC01519.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

I could not actually believe I thought my OH was underfeeding them when I saw the amount of hay EVERYWHERE?! :shock::shock: Normally they only get hayed in their racks, but seems like every part of their cage was covered! There are 3 litter trays in that cage somewhere, and the hay even seems to be half the height of the level in there! :lol:

I didn't have laugh when I turned up to find them all like that haha, least there all still getting along though (in a very padded set-up haha)

That really made me laugh :lol:

It was good of O/H to text photos to you while you were away, the bunnies were obviously having a hay fest :lol:

Bet it took forever to get it all cleared up :lol:

Rabswood

it should always be noted tat a mans handful of rabbit food is not the egg cupful handful we would give pellets wise... nor is their attempt at hay feeding...... lol my buns get so excited when tom feeds them they end up with double portions!!!:roll: no wonder they like him more!!! with me its normal pellets and then veg...and lots of hay of course!!!

hehe luckily ours currently get little-to-no pellets so he didn't need to feed them any haha otherwise I can picture 4 fat rabbits, no pellets and untouched hay haha

Back