• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the better food?

Bunnyx

Warren Scout
I was just wondering ok ok having a little worry :lol: what is the better food to feed bunnies over excel or Science selective? I was just looking at science selective and noticed they now have one for junior bunnies and mature ones over 4 years old!! This one contains 22% fibre thats really good isnt it? Obviously pepsi is mainly fed on plenty of hay and veggies with a small bowl of the adult excel at night and cookie is under five months so I keep his bowl of junior excel there all the time, feeding veggies and hay alongside is this right? When should I reduce his pellets? However as Pepsi had a problem with his gut a few weeks back I looked at the fibre content of excel and its only 16% and adult SS is 19% which is better so which do you think is better?

I use SS as the fibre content is higher and by buns digestive system cannot cope with excel. I would go with SS if you can afford it and if you think Pepsi's digestion problems are down to excel. Sounds like you are thinking the right way with the balance though. All mine are on the mature SS as my eldest cannot cope with anything else. My youngest has been on it since he was 10 months as he shares his food with the girls and he is fine if that helps with your decision any.

I think that Science Selective is the best pelleted feed on the market.
Shame its also one of the most expensive !!

I agree with Jane, I think it's the best. My nethies are both 6 and they are now eating the mature version, which is a bit more expensive than the normal as it contains timothy hay imported from North America - but I've been buying it from vetuk.co.uk and it's only £4.03 a bag...I'm stocking up on cat food at the same time so I don't have to pay postage :) My other buns are still on the normal SS as they are all good hay eaters anyway so it doesn't really make a lot of difference to them.

mine (Ty and Bru) were on excel then I switched to SS for Sparkle because she does have a delicate tum (she's a delicate soul jus like her mum!!!) and Ty and Bru liked it so much they are on it now.

I swear SS has something addictive added to it :lol:
I used to feed A+P and whilst it has a good fibre content I found many of my Buns lost a lot of condition on it.

I was just wondering ok ok having a little worry :lol: what is the better food to feed bunnies over excel or Science selective? I was just looking at science selective and noticed they now have one for junior bunnies and mature ones over 4 years old!! This one contains 22% fibre thats really good isnt it? Obviously pepsi is mainly fed on plenty of hay and veggies with a small bowl of the adult excel at night and cookie is under five months so I keep his bowl of junior excel there all the time, feeding veggies and hay alongside is this right? When should I reduce his pellets? However as Pepsi had a problem with his gut a few weeks back I looked at the fibre content of excel and its only 16% and adult SS is 19% which is better so which do you think is better?

Excel is the best!!! i use it,:D:lol::);)

I swear SS has something addictive added to it :lol:
I used to feed A+P and whilst it has a good fibre content I found many of my Buns lost a lot of condition on it.

I agree, mine would do anything and everything to get to it! They have climbed vertically up my 4 year old son because he was holding some:shock: When the buns were together they would take them out of each others mouths!

to be honest excel isnt the best food!:) my bunni has runny poo's from it:cry: she cud off died!!:cry::cry::cry::cry: i'm going to change my food its to rich!

haha!

i know! BUT THEN i saw crisi's poo and it has never been not squashy, but the other bunni's isnt?????????????? dunno what to do here!:shock::shock::?:?

Back