PDA

View Full Version : Stolen rabbits in Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Bunnyaddict
06-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I've been to the vets today & one of the veterinary nurses has asked me to let her know if I hear of anyone being offered 4 bunnies. Her friend who lives in Doncaster had her shed broken into last night & 4 of her babies stolen - they have left 4 behind.

The bunnies that have been stolen are an orange rex female who is unspeyed & 3 male large lionhead crosses - they don't know why they have be stolen :cry: They reported the theft to the police but the police have basically said there is nothing they can do & are not really interested :?

She asked me if I could post something on RU just incase anyone in this area get approached with these bunnies. If anyone does hear of them - can you please pm me? She is going to let me know some more details asap & I'll try to get some pics from her to post.

Some people just make me so mad :evil::evil::evil: I just pray they are all safe & will returned unharmed to their owner :cry:

Snowberry
06-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Thats so awful! Some people are completely unhindged!!!

donnamt
06-04-2009, 11:41 PM
:cry::cry: i hope they are returned home safely

holidayhutch
06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
How old are they? Have you got any pics at all? I'll certainly keep my ears open with any new bookings we get, or enquiries, as we sometimes get asked where they can get a Buck or a Doe from in a particular breed for breeding their bun with:roll: or if we are interested in buying a certain bun:roll:

Happy Hopping
06-04-2009, 11:50 PM
where's the logic of stealing them when you can get some from rescue center?

Bunnyaddict
06-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys - I hope they're ok too :cry:

I don't have any more details I'm afraid Lynne - but will speak to the veterinary nurse again tomorrow for some more details & see if she has managed to get any pics. Any help you might be able to give would be really appreciated.

Kirsty&Lola
06-04-2009, 11:51 PM
where abouts in Doncaster were they? I live just outside Doncaster and will keep my ears open for any news. Didn't someone else post only the other day about stolen buns in Doncaster?:cry:

I really hope they are found soon

Bunnyaddict
06-04-2009, 11:52 PM

I honestly don't know Jason - but then again some folk just aren't prepared to pay a donation fee :?:evil: Unless they planning on breeding with the female rex :cry:

Becky86
06-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Hope these bunnies get returned :( :( How heartbreaking it must be :( xXx

Bunnyaddict
06-04-2009, 11:54 PM
where abouts in Doncaster were they? I live just outside Doncaster and will keep my ears open for any news. Didn't someone else post only the other day about stolen buns in Doncaster?:cry:

I really hope they are found soon

I'm not sure I'm afraid Kirsty - will post more info tomorrow, thanks for keeping your ears open. I didn't see the thread the other day if there was one - I know someone posted a couple of weeks ago about stolen bunnies in Leeds :cry: Sorry but some people want their hands chopping off :censored::censored:

Kirsty&Lola
06-04-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure I'm afraid Kirsty - will post more info tomorrow, thanks for keeping your ears open. I didn't see the thread the other day if there was one - I know someone posted a couple of weeks ago about stolen bunnies in Leeds :cry: Sorry but some people want their hands chopping off :censored::censored:

I am totally paranoid about people coming into my garden now i have an outside pair.their run and hutch are padlocked but i think if someone was determined there isn't much you can do which makes me really angry. I will be getting barbed wire for my fence this weekend. i really hope these buns are found soon. i will check in tomorrow for more info and spread the word at work.

fingers crossed for their safe return

Bunnyaddict
07-04-2009, 12:04 AM
I am totally paranoid about people coming into my garden now i have an outside pair.their run and hutch are padlocked but i think if someone was determined there isn't much you can do which makes me really angry. I will be getting barbed wire for my fence this weekend. i really hope these buns are found soon. i will check in tomorrow for more info and spread the word at work.

fingers crossed for their safe return

I know me too - all ours are inside at the moment & have been all winter, but come next weekend most of them will be moving outside into our aviairy which will be padlocked, but I will still be paranoid about them.

Thanks a lot Kirsty, I really appreciate it & hope they will be back safe & sound soon.

holidayhutch
07-04-2009, 12:04 AM
It may be worthwhile telling her to notify the local pet shops incase they are offered them.

Bunnyaddict
07-04-2009, 12:48 AM
It may be worthwhile telling her to notify the local pet shops incase they are offered them.

Thanks Lynne - I'd not thought of that, but will suggest that to them tomorrow/

KarenM
07-04-2009, 01:02 AM
How awful. :cry::cry: I'm too far away to be of any use with finding them but I'm really hoping they are found safe and well. xxx

Bunnyaddict
07-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Thanks Karen - I hope so too - it breaks my heart when I hear about things like this - poor babies :cry::cry::cry:

MammaH
07-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Id check all freeads.com and websites like that where people SELL animals, an orange rex who is unspeyed would be very profitible but people are sneaky and might not put the right locations, but if u get pictures and if they have recogniseable markings to make sure and even if u just pretend your interested and get in touch then you can notify the woman and the police. hope this is some help and that they are returned home soon people can be so cruel!

Bunnyaddict
07-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Id check all freeads.com and websites like that where people SELL animals, an orange rex who is unspeyed would be very profitible but people are sneaky and might not put the right locations, but if u get pictures and if they have recogniseable markings to make sure and even if u just pretend your interested and get in touch then you can notify the woman and the police. hope this is some help and that they are returned home soon people can be so cruel!

Thanks, that's a good idea too - I'd not thought of that, will mention it tomorrow to our vet nurse.

kerry-123
07-04-2009, 01:14 AM

I don't think they want them for themselves they most likely want to sell them on to people

MammaH
07-04-2009, 05:33 PM
http://pets.uk.freeads.net/rabbits/rex/676326/standard-rex-baby-rabbits/view

just a thought, shes a breeder u never know she may know something or even buy a new unspeyed female

rabswood
07-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Poor buns :(

My friend's neighbours had her 2 bunnies stolen a few weeks ago (Rotherham South Yorkshire) although she thinks it is related to a dispute she was having with her other neighbour over their barking dog. She thinks thay may have just been taken and released somewhere :(

I keep my garden gate locked and am pretty well fenced in. All my bunny accomodation has locks on too.

Rabswood

ivor Middleton
07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
This is exactly why I wanted our bunnies chipped , so I stood a chance if ever they were stolen of getting them back. I hope you hear good news soon.

Boudicca
07-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Are these the same bunnies that new member Bryony has posted about in general chat her rabbits have also been stolen and she lives in Doncaster!!

caerleon
07-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Are these the same bunnies that new member Bryony has posted about in general chat her rabbits have also been stolen and she lives in Doncaster!!

hers arent rex buns. im getting worried by these stories what with me living in doncaster, will keep my eyes and ears open as im driving about, the area would be useful to know

Sparkle x
07-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I hope you find your bunnies.

I am getting scared too.

My bunnys sheds have locks but it doesnt take much to cut a lock off does it :?

Boudicca
07-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Yes just re-checked she had 2 lop eared buns taken and they also left one behind! It sounds like they are stealing to order! If they were doing it 'for fun' they would have taken them all, same probably goes if the were just selling them! It seems they are taking specifically what they need!

caerleon
07-04-2009, 09:52 PM
its awful cant have nothing these days would rather they take my car than my pets!cant imagine what the people of the buns are going through:(

steph1705
07-04-2009, 10:13 PM
oh no im scared:( does anyone know the area they have been taken from yet? ill keep my eyes n ears open for these buns too:(

Bryony
15-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi I'm Bryony who had the two rabbits stolen from Woodfield plantation in Doncaster. We had a phone call last week and found out that a local school boy of 15 had stolen our rabbits Lulu and Eddie. He has been bragging at school about how he 'butchered' them and feed them to his dog. The police have been informed and they know the youth in question so i presume that he has prior convictions. He has been known to act violently towards animals in the past. I don't think though that he is organised and would continue to steal rabbits for this purpous on a regular basis. I would presume that it would be more likely that your friends rabbits being stolen had more to do with Easter and that the majority of the local pet shops had no rabbits left in store including PAH. So hopefully all of her baby's will have gone to homes where they are well looked after and loved. I hope that she finds out what happened to them if she doesn't manage to get them back.
The youth in question lives in Balby and goes to college very near to our house so i think that we were very unucky to be targetted by him-probably due to the location and size of the hutch that you can see from the footpath at the back of our house. We're now putting up CCTV in the back garden and having combination locks set into each of the hutches 7 doors to stop this ever happening again- i'd urge other rabbit/guniea pig owners to take as many precausions as possible security wise as i'd hate anyone else to have to go through this.
I'm really hope that your friend hears something soon.

hurricanhoney
15-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi I'm Bryony who had the two rabbits stolen from Woodfield plantation in Doncaster. We had a phone call last week and found out that a local school boy of 15 had stolen our rabbits Lulu and Eddie. He has been bragging at school about how he 'butchered' them and feed them to his dog. The police have been informed and they know the youth in question so i presume that he has prior convictions. He has been known to act violently towards animals in the past. I don't think though that he is organised and would continue to steal rabbits for this purpous on a regular basis. I would presume that it would be more likely that your friends rabbits being stolen had more to do with Easter and that the majority of the local pet shops had no rabbits left in store including PAH. So hopefully all of her baby's will have gone to homes where they are well looked after and loved. I hope that she finds out what happened to them if she doesn't manage to get them back.
The youth in question lives in Balby and goes to college very near to our house so i think that we were very unucky to be targetted by him-probably due to the location and size of the hutch that you can see from the footpath at the back of our house. We're now putting up CCTV in the back garden and having combination locks set into each of the hutches 7 doors to stop this ever happening again- i'd urge other rabbit/guniea pig owners to take as many precausions as possible security wise as i'd hate anyone else to have to go through this.
I'm really hope that your friend hears something soon.

Oh how awful for you :( I hope they deal with the boy appropriately and not just brush this off :evil:

giantbunnymummy
15-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi I'm Bryony who had the two rabbits stolen from Woodfield plantation in Doncaster. We had a phone call last week and found out that a local school boy of 15 had stolen our rabbits Lulu and Eddie. He has been bragging at school about how he 'butchered' them and feed them to his dog.

OMG, I'm so sorry :cry: