• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen rabbits in Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
I've been to the vets today & one of the veterinary nurses has asked me to let her know if I hear of anyone being offered 4 bunnies. Her friend who lives in Doncaster had her shed broken into last night & 4 of her babies stolen - they have left 4 behind.

The bunnies that have been stolen are an orange rex female who is unspeyed & 3 male large lionhead crosses - they don't know why they have be stolen :cry: They reported the theft to the police but the police have basically said there is nothing they can do & are not really interested :?

She asked me if I could post something on RU just incase anyone in this area get approached with these bunnies. If anyone does hear of them - can you please pm me? She is going to let me know some more details asap & I'll try to get some pics from her to post.

Some people just make me so mad :evil::evil::evil: I just pray they are all safe & will returned unharmed to their owner :cry:

How old are they? Have you got any pics at all? I'll certainly keep my ears open with any new bookings we get, or enquiries, as we sometimes get asked where they can get a Buck or a Doe from in a particular breed for breeding their bun with:roll: or if we are interested in buying a certain bun:roll:

Thanks guys - I hope they're ok too :cry:

I don't have any more details I'm afraid Lynne - but will speak to the veterinary nurse again tomorrow for some more details & see if she has managed to get any pics. Any help you might be able to give would be really appreciated.

where abouts in Doncaster were they? I live just outside Doncaster and will keep my ears open for any news. Didn't someone else post only the other day about stolen buns in Doncaster?:cry:

I really hope they are found soon

where abouts in Doncaster were they? I live just outside Doncaster and will keep my ears open for any news. Didn't someone else post only the other day about stolen buns in Doncaster?:cry:

I really hope they are found soon

I'm not sure I'm afraid Kirsty - will post more info tomorrow, thanks for keeping your ears open. I didn't see the thread the other day if there was one - I know someone posted a couple of weeks ago about stolen bunnies in Leeds :cry: Sorry but some people want their hands chopping off :censored::censored:

I'm not sure I'm afraid Kirsty - will post more info tomorrow, thanks for keeping your ears open. I didn't see the thread the other day if there was one - I know someone posted a couple of weeks ago about stolen bunnies in Leeds :cry: Sorry but some people want their hands chopping off :censored::censored:

I am totally paranoid about people coming into my garden now i have an outside pair.their run and hutch are padlocked but i think if someone was determined there isn't much you can do which makes me really angry. I will be getting barbed wire for my fence this weekend. i really hope these buns are found soon. i will check in tomorrow for more info and spread the word at work.

fingers crossed for their safe return

I am totally paranoid about people coming into my garden now i have an outside pair.their run and hutch are padlocked but i think if someone was determined there isn't much you can do which makes me really angry. I will be getting barbed wire for my fence this weekend. i really hope these buns are found soon. i will check in tomorrow for more info and spread the word at work.

fingers crossed for their safe return

I know me too - all ours are inside at the moment & have been all winter, but come next weekend most of them will be moving outside into our aviairy which will be padlocked, but I will still be paranoid about them.

Thanks a lot Kirsty, I really appreciate it & hope they will be back safe & sound soon.

How awful. :cry::cry: I'm too far away to be of any use with finding them but I'm really hoping they are found safe and well. xxx

Id check all freeads.com and websites like that where people SELL animals, an orange rex who is unspeyed would be very profitible but people are sneaky and might not put the right locations, but if u get pictures and if they have recogniseable markings to make sure and even if u just pretend your interested and get in touch then you can notify the woman and the police. hope this is some help and that they are returned home soon people can be so cruel!

Id check all freeads.com and websites like that where people SELL animals, an orange rex who is unspeyed would be very profitible but people are sneaky and might not put the right locations, but if u get pictures and if they have recogniseable markings to make sure and even if u just pretend your interested and get in touch then you can notify the woman and the police. hope this is some help and that they are returned home soon people can be so cruel!

Thanks, that's a good idea too - I'd not thought of that, will mention it tomorrow to our vet nurse.

Back