PDA

View Full Version : Truffle is home... U/D after her little hospital visit!

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok so Truffle is home from her spay. All went well I think. We is currently snuggled up with Bean in a little corner of her cage. bean won't budge an inch. I have tried her with a bit of broccoli and some of their favourite pellets but neither of them are having any. I really hope Bean doesn't go on hunger strike with her :shock: We are just in need of Eating and Poo vibes now please.

God...I hate this bit. Its so worrying. Wish she were just all better and bouncy.

devoted2buns
06-04-2009, 07:33 PM
sending some vibes, i'm sure she will be fine. One of mine hardly ate anything for a day or 2 but she was fine.

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
sending some vibes, i'm sure she will be fine. One of mine hardly ate anything for a day or 2 but she was fine.

thats good to know! I know I will be worried if she hasn't eaten within an hour...even though I know what female bun buns are like after their operations.

They are both still snuggled in their little box with a blanket in it!:love:

amyhhh
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
eating vibes for truffle and bean!

When mine have been off their food (after their neuters and when they've started going a bit statisy) then the only thinks that have really got them eating again have been nice fresh parsley or green carrot tops (i think as well as being tasty they are really easy to nibble on)

Jack's-Jane
06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Lots of eating and pooing vibes being sent :)

sidereus7
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
My baby boy didn't poo for a full day after his neuter, but I did get him to eat some lettuce. I know how you feel, and I'm sending all the vibes in the world.

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 08:05 PM
My baby boy didn't poo for a full day after his neuter, but I did get him to eat some lettuce. I know how you feel, and I'm sending all the vibes in the world.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! Bean has now pood. We are just waiting on Truffle eating something and pooing. She is sat flopped out with Bean right next to her. Obviously they are snuggling to keep warm. Bean is constantly licking her!

Come on my baby Truffle eat something for dad!

~ Cat ~
06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Happy Healing Truffle x x x x

Maltilda&twinks
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
eating vibes for truffle and bean!

When mine have been off their food (after their neuters and when they've started going a bit statisy) then the only thinks that have really got them eating again have been nice fresh parsley or green carrot tops (i think as well as being tasty they are really easy to nibble on)

yeah my two started with fresh basil and then started eating proper food later. sending pooing and eating vibes xx

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone! This is really helping me take my mind off sitting with her and worrying! I have just been to pick parsley from the garden. Will go an get some dandelion later!

bunbuns
06-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Sending loads of eating and pooing vibes xxxx

XcrystalX
06-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Sending loads of eating and pooing vibes xxxx

WOW!! WE used 2 have a pony called tamevalley blackjack (BJ) who got to HOYS!!! we were the first owners of him!!:D:lol:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 09:11 PM
WOW!! WE used 2 have a pony called tamevalley blackjack (BJ) who got to HOYS!!! we were the first owners of him!!:D:lol:

What??? Don't get you!

Truffle still not eaten...tried banana, parsley, carrot, broccoli, pellets, new hay...but nothing!:(

Jack's-Jane
06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
What??? Don't get you!

Truffle still not eaten...tried banana, parsley, carrot, broccoli, pellets, new hay...but nothing!:(

Just leave her be for a few hours. I doubt she was spayed til about 1-2pm so its very early on in her recovery.
Offer her water in a bowl, leave hay and her fave treats nearby and let her rest :)

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Just leave her be for a few hours. I doubt she was spayed til about 1-2pm so its very early on in her recovery.
Offer her water in a bowl, leave hay and her fave treats nearby and let her rest :)

Will do! She is soooo cute. Bean just won't leave her alone. He goes to litter tray to do his business and eats something from bowl and then goes straight back to her. He is such a good husbun!:D

Jack's-Jane
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Will do! She is soooo cute. Bean just won't leave her alone. He goes to litter tray to do his business and eats something from bowl and then goes straight back to her. He is such a good husbun!:D

Awwwwwww bless :love:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Here is Truffle in her sick bed with Bean looking after her. :love:

She snifs the food but isn't interested.

http://photos-d.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2717/85/12/524075384/n524075384_6420691_5001361.jpg

angeleyes
06-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Awww sending eating and pooping vibes for Truffle, my girls didn't eat until late in the evening after their ops so i am sure she will feel pekish soon :D

CazScho
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Sending lots of eating and pooing vibes for Truffle, just keep at it and make sure she has water within reach. Rosie drank and drank after hers and was very fussy eating. Just keep offering nice tasty stuff to her :)

donnamt
06-04-2009, 10:25 PM
awwww sending loads of vibes to your little girly xxxx

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Disaster has struck! Bean just jumped into the water bowl and its gone everywhere in the litter tray!!!! Grrrrr. Hope the wet doesn't get onto Truffle's wound!

Also hopes she eat soon.

When we go to bed what should we do? Leave them with lots of treats??

How will we know if Truff has eaten them?

Also, silly question but what is she isn't eating by morning?

SOAD
06-04-2009, 10:34 PM
If she's not eating by morning take her back, sending vibes :love:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 10:58 PM
God she is eating nothing!!!! Just been sat in the same place for ages. Don't really know what to do!

donnamt
06-04-2009, 11:10 PM
God she is eating nothing!!!! Just been sat in the same place for ages. Don't really know what to do!

i vote parsley will get her whiskers twitching :D

Alvins op was minor compared to a girls but i do remeber he was ravenous when he got home but as soon as the drugs started to wear off he didnt eat again op day.. then he refused pellets and hay for a few more days after that.. wet veg turned out to be the winner.. parsley, carrot tops, baby corn, thats all i can remember.... dont panic yet shell just be feeling off from the op... will be along night for you tho so i hope you get some sleep

SisterMoonbeam
06-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Try not to worry. I was like this last week after fidget's spay but going off food is perfectly normal. I managed to get fidge to eat half a grape at about 11pm the day of her spay. The next day she nibbled at a few odd biyts during the day but ate her pellets and veg as normal in the evening. It can take a while but i know how worrying it is!

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
went and picked some Dandelions from the garden in my PJs. She ate about a quarter of the dandelion leaf only because I kept pushing it under her nose and I think he got fed up of me! She also keeps wanting to lie in her hay.

She now has two food bowls full of different things and a bowl of water and bottle near her.

I remember when Bean had his done - he would eat nothing but banana.

CazScho
07-04-2009, 12:24 AM
A spay is a big op for a little bunny and she'll probably want to be quiet for a few days. Its good she's had a little bit of dandelion :)

janice
07-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Just make sure she has lots of choices of treats to eat, every now and again try her with something. It is good she has had a bit of dandelion, I am sure before too long she will eat more.

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2009, 08:34 AM
How is Truffle doing this morning ?

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 08:40 AM
All the food in the bowls has near on gone. However, I am not sure if that was Truffle or Bean. Bean is in to his food this morning but Truffle is still turning her nose up. None of the water has gone at all. Nothing from the bowl or the bottle.

She has been up and about but she seems sore on her back legs and she seems to go on tip toes. Also, she keeps stretching and sitting in a funny position - with her back legs flat almost and her front normal.

Really worried now...:cry::cry:

Hunnybunny2007
07-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Sending lots of eating and pooing vibes - hope she soon starts to feel better.

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 08:48 AM
What do you think we should do? Vet time or call them?

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2009, 08:48 AM
All the food in the bowls has near on gone. However, I am not sure if that was Truffle or Bean. Bean is in to his food this morning but Truffle is still turning her nose up. None of the water has gone at all. Nothing from the bowl or the bottle.

She has been up and about but she seems sore on her back legs and she seems to go on tip toes. Also, she keeps stretching and sitting in a funny position - with her back legs flat almost and her front normal.

Really worried now...:cry::cry:

This is actually relatively normal. Just imagin how you'd feel after a big abdominal operation !!
I would request another dose of Metacam for her. Give the surgery a call and explain that Truffle seems uncomfortable.
Do you know if she has poo'd ?

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 08:52 AM
This is actually relatively normal. Just imagin how you'd feel after a big abdominal operation !!
I would request another dose of Metacam for her. Give the surgery a call and explain that Truffle seems uncomfortable.
Do you know if she has poo'd ?

Dunno if she has pood or not...she has done some wees. There was a lot of poo in the litter tray but as I say it all happened over night so I don't know if its Bean's or Truffles.

Vet has given her three days worth of metacam - apparently it lasts for three days.

I feel so useless and guilty that yesterday she was a bouncy bunny as happy as anything and today she is looking all sorry for herself. She also lets me stroke her which isn't norm. :cry::cry:

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Dunno if she has pood or not...she has done some wees. There was a lot of poo in the litter tray but as I say it all happened over night so I don't know if its Bean's or Truffles.

Vet has given her three days worth of metacam - apparently it lasts for three days.

I feel so useless and guilty that yesterday she was a bouncy bunny as happy as anything and today she is looking all sorry for herself. She also lets me stroke her which isn't norm. :cry::cry:

Do you mean you have 3 doses of Metacam to give her for the next 3 days ?

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 08:56 AM
No don't think so.

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Nope, I asked the vets and they said she had been given painkillers which would last her three days. They gave me nothing.

Did you speak with the Vet or a VN :?
I will PM you :)

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh goodness...worried sick :cry::cry::cry:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Just tried some critical care and no luck! She isn't touching anything!

She also keeps walking on her tip toes and not putting her full hind legs down.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Snowberry
07-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Oh poor truffle! Come on girlie, get eating!!!

AshLovesRabbits123
07-04-2009, 10:37 AM
hey,
ive just seen this thred.
Aww, poor truffle.
i'd call the vet.
can you pick her/him up?xxx
Century Gothic
VIBESSS

orange
07-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Sending lots of get well vibes to Truffle

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Ok so little Truf has been taken to the vets. They have decided to keep her in for a day. She is going to get Gut Stimulant and some more painkillers.

She just didn't seem her normal self. Normally she eats LOADS. I appreciate that she had been through a big op but she just hardly moved.

The vet was LOVELY. Feel a lot better. She had a good feel around her tummy and said there was no blockage. The wound is healing well. Then law and behold when the vet was feeling her tummy....there it was POO :shock::shock:

Can't believe that I had to take her and Bean all the way to the vet and she then pood once we got there!!

Anyhow, vet could see I was worried and has offered to keep her and Bean in for the day for more meds. This is fine by me. I will know both of them are going to be in good hands. The vets must think I am a loon!! :shock:

I have to ring at six and hopefully pick up at 7 as long as she has perked up. If not, she will stay in over night.

Snowberry
07-04-2009, 11:38 AM
She will be in the best place at the vets! Fingers crossed she starts eating again soon! Im sure Bean will look after her!

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 11:39 AM
She will be in the best place at the vets! Fingers crossed she starts eating again soon! Im sure Bean will look after her!

Yeah exactly! Just praying she is ok! I feel like a little bit of an idiot though for worrying so much but she just didn't look herself...hardly moved and looked in pain when she did move. Also just refused every type of food.

XcrystalX
07-04-2009, 11:56 AM
all the vibes you can get hun! xxxxx:D:wave:

SOAD
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Awwww she'll be fine, they are always a bit out of it after a spay, she will be lots brighter when you get her back, lots of vibes. XXX

Hugo's There
07-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Only just seen this, sounds as if she was in a lot of pain. Hopefully now the vets have given her some extra pain relief she will be munching in no time :) Sending vibes for her

giantbunnymummy
07-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Vibes for Truffle, hope she'll be munching away again soon.

ninayoung
07-04-2009, 01:40 PM
vibes! xxx

ninayoung
07-04-2009, 01:41 PM
sure she'll be better soon! (very) vibes x

donna-arc
07-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Don't worry too much - she has had major surgery after all - she's not going to behave completely normally.
The pain killer she had will last 2-3 days.
She has 24 hours to start eating/pooing before you need to worry, which is about now. You say she pood at surgery this morning so I'm sure you can relax.

Jessica Rabbit
07-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Sending lots of healing, eating and poiing vibes for the little girl:love::love:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks Donna. She just looked so sad and hardly moved when we got her home yesterday. Bless her little cottons. She also hadn't pood until this morning and also hadn't eaten. I just rang surgery to check if it were norm and they advised bringing in.

Everyone at your surgery is soooo lovely. You have all been very kind and helpful! A dream vet surgery!!! :lol::lol:

donna-arc
07-04-2009, 06:24 PM
It's very rare to have a surgery where literally every member of staff is a rabbit lover. I feel very honoured to work there. Sorry you were caused worry.
Actually I'm going in now so will see you when you pick them up x

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 09:20 PM
She is home!:love::love::love:

Firstly, the vets are sooooooo nice. Had a lovely tour round the surgery and it was brill! So comforting. I would recommend them to anyone.

Well Truffle is currently sat in the litter tray and Bean flopped out in the bed. Truffle has only been home two seconds and she had eaten a nice bit of spinach and some parsley. Couldn't believe it :shock: already had something to eat...she also nibbled a bit of straw. Has stopped now but at least its progress. More than she did last night.

I have been to Tescos and got a mamouth shop! Lots of things...every herb you can imagine, celery (Truffs favourite) and also some peaches - Bean's favourite and mine. Didn't spend too much :roll:

hurricanhoney
07-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Glad she's home and feeling a bit better.

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 09:32 PM
oooo and another spinach leaf - Go Truff.

Plus we have had a quick run round the front room.

Think Bean is exhausted - he is flat out in bed!:lol:

donnamt
07-04-2009, 09:34 PM
awwww thats great news :D:D

CazScho
07-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm so glad :D Sory I missed you on FB, was doing a litter tray clear out!!!

Jack's-Jane
07-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Great news !!

Did you meet my friend Rickie ?........................the geriatric doggie :love:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Great news !!

Did you meet my friend Rickie ?........................the geriatric doggie :love:

Yeah he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I love him!

Can't believe it - we have now had poos...black tiny poos at that but still poos and we have eaten two strands of hay!:D

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
07-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm so glad :D Sory I missed you on FB, was doing a litter tray clear out!!!

No worries - just thought I would check how your two little girls are doing...bet Dillan is showing them the way forward! :lol:

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
08-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Well Truffle seems to be doing really well this evening. Only thing that I am slightly worried about is the fact that she hasn't drunk anything. She has eaten lots of spinach, rocket, watercress and hay but not drunk anything.

Other than that she is doing fine. Little tiny black poos and all but hopefully they will get bigger.

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
any ideas with regards to water? Both of the little mites aren't drinking very much!

They have two water bottles and a bowl.

Infact, I don't think they have drunk anything.

Jack's-Jane
08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
They are getting some water from the fresh veg you are feeding
Truffle may have had alot of subcutaneous fluids at the Vets yesterday.

My Rabbits drink twice as much as normal if I add Avipro Plus to their water.
You can buy it at some Petshops and online

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/avipro-plus_1_18153.html

BeanyBoy&TruffTruff
09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi All,

Just a little update.

Was really busy yesterday. My Saturday youth theatre transferred one of their productions to the Rose Theatre in Kingston so I was running around being manic.

News is, Truffle is MUCH better. She has been scampering around like normal. Gets highly excited at the thoughts of pellets and scoffs them down like normal. She LOVES spinach and goes mad for it. She is such a different bun to two days ago. Back to her normal self :D:D:D

She is currently playing with my socks that I left on the sofa last night after flaking out at midnight! :roll::lol:

Jack's-Jane
09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Thats brilliant news !! :D

donnamt
09-04-2009, 10:21 AM
awwww what a relief for you.. really glad shes feeling better :D:D