• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stan nipping me!!

Kellyrich

Warren Scout
Hello!!

Well as some of you have seen from my photos i have now got my new baby giant, Stan!

He is absolutely amazing but one little problem is that he nips quite a bit! Im hoping he will grow out of it but im not sure!! He is very loving but will also nip me the little ******! :(

Does anybody have any useful tips on how to calm it down? The last thing i want is a fully grown giant snapping my finger off! :lol:

Anybody got any tips how to stop it? I have tried the high pitch squeeling that i have read before but this never worked with my other bun, Barney and doesnt seem to be working with Stan.

Thanks

Strawberry is a nipper too! He does it to get attention and wen i have food. I tried making a high pitch owch noise and turning my back on him but it didnt work! He still does it!

hi

i read in a really good bun book, that if they nip you, you have 2 be strict and tap them on the nose and say "NO!" it worked with mine, im sure it will yours, it could well be a baby thing too (if he is a baby :D)

i read in a really good bun book, that if they nip you, you have 2 be strict and tap them on the nose and say "NO!" it worked with mine, im sure it will yours, it could well be a baby thing too (if he is a baby :D)

Well my OH says to tap them when they bite and he does it with my other one, Barney, and now Barney doesnt bite him but he does me! :?

But i was also told not to do this at all to a bun and i feel a bit bad doing it!

Tell me about it, left my bunny looking sadly from her room at me and at work bored to tears when I could be home.

How old is Stan? How big is is going to get?

xx

I was also told not to tap bunny on nose, but to use the word "no" firmly and a spray of water if bunny ignored me.
Biscuit has been very good she is tooo lazy to get into much trouble.

Well my OH says to tap them when they bite and he does it with my other one, Barney, and now Barney doesnt bite him but he does me! :?

But i was also told not to do this at all to a bun and i feel a bit bad doing it!

it will teach them it was in a book! you don't smack em hard! xx:)

it will teach them it was in a book! you don't smack em hard! xx:)

Sadly, not all books have great advice in them and many are outdated. :(

I would never tap a bunny on the nose. Use the word no or the squealing noise and they should get the message eventually. It's just a way of communicating and they need to learn (in a nice way) that it's not allowed on hoomins. :)

Tell me about it, left my bunny looking sadly from her room at me and at work bored to tears when I could be home.

How old is Stan? How big is is going to get?

xx

I was also told not to tap bunny on nose, but to use the word "no" firmly and a spray of water if bunny ignored me.
Biscuit has been very good she is tooo lazy to get into much trouble.

Stan is 10 weeks today, still very young! But he looks bigger than Dave when i got him at 10 weeks old! Well im hoping he will grow to a nice big size as they are beautiful buns!

Ive heard they CAN grow anywhere up to 3 stone and 3 to 4 foot long!!

Yeah i was told in no circumstances to tap a bunny's nose! xx

Sadly, not all books have great advice in them and many are outdated. :(

I would never tap a bunny on the nose. Use the word no or the squealing noise and they should get the message eventually. It's just a way of communicating and they need to learn (in a nice way) that it's not allowed on hoomins. :)

Ha ha love the word "hoomins" :lol::p

Stan is 10 weeks today, still very young! But he looks bigger than Dave when i got him at 10 weeks old! Well im hoping he will grow to a nice big size as they are beautiful buns!

Ive heard they CAN grow anywhere up to 3 stone and 3 to 4 foot long!!

Yeah i was told in no circumstances to tap a bunny's nose! xx

Blimely he is going to be a big boy :D

Regardless of the posters age, if I don't agree to cruelty to animals then I will voice my opinion.

I agree with you completely but there is a way of informing children that the methods they use are inappropiate without scaring them off altogether. I think it is great Crystal is here to learn things, and I'm sure she has never hurt her bunny, and she will never give this misguided advice again.

Last edited:
Back