• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arghh injured leg! HELP!

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Oh my god i feel terrible. I am at home in Manchester for the holidays and i brought fidget home with me but left frankie with my housemates to look after (very competent housemates though so had no worries there) as i couldn't fit his hutch in the car. Anyway my housemate rang me thismorning and frankie has injured his leg somehow. They put him to bed last night and it was fine and got him out to bathe his eye this morning and there appears to be a wound there. They don't know how he could have done it but it is obviously causing him pain as he nips them everytime they try and look at it and he doesn't seem to be putting any weight on it at all. I rang the local vets and he is booked in at 3 and they are going to take him in for me! I just feel so bad cause i am away and don't know what to do :cry: This is the picture my housemate sent me:

SP_A0094.jpg

Any ideas what it could be? I'm so worried and feel so guilty for leaving him :(

Last edited:
Nobody? Going out of my mind here. I know he is seeing the vet in a couple of hours but i feel so frustrated not being there :cry::cry:

Its on his front leg. I'm not sure whereabouts as i'm not there :( I was thinking maybe an abscess that has burst? I just have no clue. There was no blood in his hutch and nothing he can conceivably have cut himself on

Well the vet gave him a painkiller but said he didn't need antibiotics because it had already started to heal, so hopefully all is well.

Well the vet gave him a painkiller but said he didn't need antibiotics because it had already started to heal, so hopefully all is well.

glad to hear its started to heal, i hope they keep it clean and i hope he starts using it again soon.
Feel better soon frankie x

Hopefully he will be fine now :)
Bit of a mystery as to what happened though :?

Hmmm i know, can't think of what could have happened. My housemates said they will triple check his cage and run to make sure there is nothing dangerous (though i cant see how there would be in the first place). The only thing i can think of is if one of next door's cats managed to swipe at his leg but his hutch has a cover and the bars on the run are way too small for a cats paw to fit through so it's a total mystery!

put pad on the wound

When my bridge bun Goofball had her surgery, there was the stitched wound. Although it's internally stitched, I put a big patch of non-sterile pad on it. They are about 4 in. x 3 in.

I then put non-stick "green" painter tape around the pad, wrap around her fur on all for corners (cross diagonal). They are non stick, as long as you remove them once a day, it doesn't stick to her skin, not to mention I warp it around her fur.

The method works perfectly. The pad is so large, she can't dig thru the pad and touch the wound. And if 1 pad is not large enough, get a 2nd one. A big box of 100 is only like $15.

Now, supposedly, they said the wound needs to breathe, but it will still sealed w/ the pad and prevent you a case of infection.

Back