• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help - My vet is away for the whole of April

Just rung my vets to get an appointment for Alfie to have a check up and the normal vet is away till May. I don't like the cover vet that they get in, last time I saw him was when my poor Joey was ill and he wanted to put him under GA when he could barely breathe. Luckly the normal vet came back and said No its too risky. Sadly Joey still passed away.

Anyway Alfie has been 'rocking' as he sits still and breathes (this is how Joey started) so wanted to get him checked out, but don't want this vet to look at him.
I've been recommened a vet in Upminster but I know sometimes vets don't like taking on other peoples clients but I'm hoping if I explain the situation they will help me.

Bit of a pointless thread just can't beleive the two times I've needed to see my vet she isn't there :cry:

Last edited:
Just rung my vets to get an appointment for Alfie to have a check up and the normal vet is away till May. I don't like the cover vet that they get in, last time I saw him was when my poor Joey was ill and he wanted to put him under GA when he could barely breathe. Luckly the normal vet came back and said No its too risky. Sadly Joey still passed away.

Anyway Alfie has been 'rocking' as he sits still and breathes (this is how Joey started) so wanted to get him checked out, but don't want this vet to look at him.
I've been recommened a vet in Upminster but I know sometimes vets don't like taking on other peoples clients but I'm hoping if I explain the situation they will help me.

Bit of a pointless thread just can't beleive the two times I've needed to see my vet she isn't there :cry:[/QUOTE/]

Sleep tight little angel! sorry to hear that! there are alot of buns dying aren't there?

Hopefully it should be OK changing vets temporarily, as long as the notes transfer between vets. Or you might decide to stick with the new one, if they are more reliable.

Hopefully it should be OK changing vets temporarily, as long as the notes transfer between vets. Or you might decide to stick with the new one, if they are more reliable.

Well I have made an appointment with the new vets, sadly the good rabbit one is away until next Thursday so have made an appointment for then but they said if I feel it gets urgent I can see another partner.

They booked me in for a double appointment so I can have a good chat with the vet so I'm happy :D

I've been thinking of changing for awhile so hopefully they will be good.

Louise and Gus has just swapped to the vet in Upminster and was really impressed :) He was recommended to Lou by one of the original rabbit experts (now retired) and he is a 'proper' exotics expert and lectures on rabbit medicine so I'd be pretty confident in him.

Louise and Gus has just swapped to the vet in Upminster and was really impressed :) He was recommended to Lou by one of the original rabbit experts (now retired) and he is a 'proper' exotics expert and lectures on rabbit medicine so I'd be pretty confident in him.

I've heard of him too - always seems to come highly recommended. :)

That's who recommended him to me :D

Back