• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why was this horse even raced at all?

Monkey

Warren Veteran
Quote from a website i found 'Butler’s Cabin also collapsed and required oxygen. At several other races he has had to be revived in this way'

Now, this is cruel!

I'm not anti racing though, just found it odd that they raced this horse when its known to have a health problem?

Quote from a website i found 'Butler’s Cabin also collapsed and required oxygen. At several other races he has had to be revived in this way'

Now, this is cruel!

I heard the same about Hear the Echo but whether there is any truth in it i don't know. I'm not defending anything here but thinking subjectively. Which website did you read this on? Does it state which races and when he had to be revived? I thought this when i read something similar but nowhere does it state that those races were recent, they may have been several years ago and the website is being purposely ambiguous to spark distress, which it is working, and worked with me before i sat back and thought about it. Although i agree that horse racing is a cruel sport and i am definitely not a fan i really can't see this being true. At the end of the day its the owner's decision whether the horse races or not and i really can't see any owner letting them race under such conditions. Whether this decsion be out of compassion for the animal or for money (the more likely factor :roll:)

Just a thought.

Can't recall the website and thats all it said to be honest. Your right though, i guess the 'races' quoted could have been at any point in the past and am sure the owner wouldn't have raced it if they were putting it in danger. Aside from anything else, those horses are worth a fortune!

:roll::roll::?:roll::lol: here we go again 3rd time around.

Probably because a lot of people have very strong feelings about it.

Imo, it is irrelevant when the other cases of needing oygen happened. The fact is, it has happened on more than one occasion - when will the trainers decide that enough is enough or will they continue to race him till he drops dead? :cry:

A quick google search throws up an article from 2 years ago where the same horse was on the verge of needing oxygen but was revived with water & even the trainer admitted that it happened all the time. :evil::roll:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ho...-victory-leaves-Butlers-Cabin-breathless.html

Even those people who argue that horses enjoy racing should realise that it's up to the trainer to stop racing a horse that clearly suffers as a result.

Back