• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What an eventful night!!

Mazda

Warren Veteran
well i say buns, but it was Mrs Pebble! At 2.30 this morning she started runny around like a compleate nutter!! So i out my light on, and she wasn't running happily. Something has spoked her, i think it was the hamster and she was makeing a racket!

Honestly ive never seen Pebble so worked up. :( Bailey had managed to get out of the pen and was sat in the corner out of the way, because she opened the pen because she was throwing herself against it! So i left bailey, he wasnt going anywhere and tried to calm down Pebble, she was really worked up! Everytime i went near her she'd throw herselfs into the side of the cage.... makeing a hell of a noise and woke everyone up! :oops: She wouldnt come near me. Ive never seen her so scared.

So i opened the pellet tub, that made her jump. I gave some to Bailey... he wouldnt eat them! He turned his nose up at them... i put some infront of pebble, or she went again! So now i have a reallly worked up bun, and a non eating bun! :shock: So... i decided to put pebble in the carrier so she could calm down. So she went in there with so pellets, and was munching away... Whilst i went down stairs to get the syringe and recovery feed just in case Bailey needed it.!! So i sat one the floor (half alseep with sore eyes because of the light) with Bailey between my knees, his tummy was hard. So i got some veg... nothing... hay... nothing... treats nothing! So.. i got the fibreplex, and gave him a bit of that... i syringed him some water to, and some recovery feed. Then put him back in the cage. Then put the cage back together and let Pebble out of the carrier. Looks at the clock... 3.30, i crawl back into bed for an hours sleep. Then get back up to check Bailey. Still not eating anything! Give him more recovery feed... get back to bed. Wake up at 7, give them both pellets, phew! Bailey is eating!!! :D

But... im am thankful for what ever spoked/scared Pebble... otherwise i wouldnt have noticed my poorley boy! :(

.... Can i go back to bed now?
tired.gif

i hate it when they get scared like that,none of my buns have ever done that except for pebbles (lol maybe its a name thing?) but she just runs into anything, even headfirst into the run.

:shock:

glad they are both okay Mai x

Yes, it was very scary!! she wouldnt let me touch her or anything! Bailey was sat they grunting and hunched. Gawd scary stuff!

They are fine now, Pebble is sleeping, and Bailey is eating like a horse! :D x

Back