• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can buns understand us?

XcrystalX

Warren Scout
i think my bun understands me!:shock: she comes to my voice and when i say "in" and point to the hutch she goes in!!:lol:

does anyone else's bun do that??

has anyone got any explanations??

PLZ REPLY!!:D

Last edited:
I'v trained my bun to go back to his cage in the kitchen - I just have to say 'Harvey Home' and he knows exactly what he should do -

he'll either run straight back to his cage if he's being a good boy or, if he doesn't want to go back, run away and we end up playing a game of chase around the living room!

lol i like to pretend that i've taught petal to take her treat into the front room and eat it, she takes it in there any way but i'll say to her "no tkae that into the front room" and off she goes hopping in the front room. looks impressive to other people lol :lol: teddy know the word NO and her name.

To get pebble back into the cage... i get her attention, and get her to follow me back to the huch then point and click my fingers and say in. And she does :)

You'd be surprised how much they can learn. It's just a case of repetition - especially if there's a treat involved!

I've never tried clicker training but apparently that works quite well too!

My buns definitely understand the word NO! too! :lol: It's probably got a lot to do with the intonation!

Try replacing the word 'in' with another word that doesn't sound like 'in' (so, for example, say 'tomato' but not 'tin') and see if she still obeys, then you'd find out if it's the time, actions and general routine that she is responding to, or whether it's the word ;)

Mine used to run into their cage when I said "bedtime" but only if I had some pellets in a bowl and shook it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like to think they can understand me...but they dont listen;)

They must think "It's only daddy":roll::lol:

We have taught Bean and Truffle to jump on the sofa for treats. We shout 'Treaty Time' and they normally come running. If they forget we just have to shake the treat box and say it again and they come!

Yes,buns can be trained to a certain extent.My bun only ever weed in her cage which was usually on a different floor to her-she would just run upstairs,do her business then come back down again!

Phoebe will go on his back legs if i click my fingers and say "Phoebe up!" he'll also jump on the sofa if i tap it 3 times and say "incoming" :lol:
Both Phoebe and Holli know its food time aswell because we'll say "rabbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiits" and they run around the cage getting excited! :lol:

apache knows what i mean when he's on the bed and i say "bunny, DOWN!" cos he jumps right off :lol: they come running when i clinktheir food bowls together too

Tyson, Bruno and now Sparkle run to me when I shout treat as they know they get a treat. Tyson and Bruno run to their run (attached to the shed) when I shout "in" as it's getting dark and although Tyson usually goes into the shed from the run when it's bed time Bruno usually pretends to go in and then runs back into the run. I think they do understand when THEY want to and who can blame them. They are so cute they can get away with it :love:

For months now Ive been shaking the treat box and saying sweeties and they come running climbing over each other to get their little nose infront of the other! I then tried it when they were out of sight in another room and nothing!!! A bit more work required me thinks!

Back