• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anything else I can do for Holly? 8-( she's ok 8-)

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Her teeth need doing, she started going off her food yesterday and just eating soft stuff, by last night no even soft stuff :(. Her last GA was a bad one (05/2/09). I am waiting for the vets to open to take her in and I am hoping they have room for her, they are going to give her fluids throughout the op.

I am worried she hasn't got enough food in her though, she has managed some spring greens and a bit of biscuit by herself. Me and Bryn have spent the last 40 minutes trying to get recovery in her and we also did some baby food (as that seemed to be easier than recovery), she just spits the stuff out. I have tried to tempt her with, small veg, soaked pellets, soaked barley rings, normal pellets, herbs, biscuits, brown bread, even fruit cake, yet I can't get her to eat enough. I am worried she isn't going to have enough in her tum for the GA :cry:

Last edited:
Her teeth need doing, she started going off her food yesterday and just eating soft stuff, by last night no even soft stuff :(. Her last GA was a bad one (05/2/09). I am waiting for the vets to open to take her in and I am hoping they have room for her, they are going to give her fluids throughout the op.

I am worried she hasn't got enough food in her though, she has managed some spring greens and a bit of biscuit by herself. Me and Bryn have spent the last 40 minutes trying to get recovery in her and we also did some baby food (as that seemed to be easier than recovery), she just spits the stuff out. I have tried to tempt her with, small veg, soaked pellets, soaked barley rings, normal pellets, herbs, biscuits, brown bread, even fruit cake, yet I can't get her to eat enough. I am worried she isn't going to have enough in her tum for the GA :cry:

I'd explain this to the Vets. Then they can give her some pre-op analgesia aswell as fluids and the nurses could give her a syringe feed. As long as the feed is given a good hour before the GA it will be OK.
My Maya struggled with a GA at the end of last year. Now my Vet uses a lower dose of anaesthetic. Maya weighs 4kg and she only needs a dose for a 3.4kg weight Bunny. She also has fluids. Her last GA recovery was brilliant :)

Sending vibes for Holly

xx

Poor Holly, I know how worried you must be. Sending her lots of vibes. xxxx

Thank you, I am totally going out of my head with worry. I went down the garden after I wote this and Kou has a bad tummy too, just made him up a cage in the house and he will have to come with me to the vets, never rains :(

definately

go to the vets! and explain whats going on with her! sending vibes xxx:( all you can do now is hope!:cry:

Tree, no bunnies like Sc. Recovery or CC. They smell horrible and taste horrible.

I agree w/ non-meat baby food or use my blackberry formula:

Get some blackberry or raspberry, smash it via juicer. You need about 6 oz. Get some hay stem, cut the stem in 1 mm length, mixed it w/ the blackberry. Put the mixture in a 35 ml syringe and force feed your bun.

Great news !!
thumbsup4kk.gif

Back