• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Check your water bottles!

Teal'c

Alpha Buck
I just found that Teyla's water bottle wasn't working. It was full but nothing was coming out. She's had no water for 24 hours. She seems to be okay, made a pee and a poo right after drinking her fill. I think I fixed the bottle, but just in case I've got a second one hanging on her cage now.

So please, make sure your water bottles are not only full but working, too!!!

Thank you for the warning.

This is one of the reasons that I don't use water bottles at all (with the exception of my guinea pig).

Helen

Thanks for the warning. :) Being the paranoid bunny owner I am, I check that they are working at least twice a day :oops::oops:. Sometimes air can get inside and this can stop the water flowing correctly.

I found oggies waterbottle wasnt working a little while ago, but somehow got it working again. I check it when I get up and before I go to bed now too.

Good warning.

This is one of the reasons I too use bowls and not bottles.

Hope your Teyla is ok.

Good post:D one of my guinea pigs a few years ago had the same thing happen to her bottle, I didn't realise till the next day it wasn't working. Luckily she was fine. It is definitely something that needs to be checked constantly.
Sallyx

i always have 2 hanging one bottle i clean reguarly one i clean every 3 months funny enough its the dirty one they like to empty all the time:shock:

After Beau's op I put both a water bottle and a bowl in so he had the choice, but he just kept knocking the bowl over, or weeing in it :| so i took it out! I'd prefer to have a water bowl tho, i'm already a paranoid bunny owner!!!

I always use two bottles, just in case one falls off etc. One is in the hutch and the other in the run.

I have two water bottles on the cage and check them twice dailey, i am paranoid about mossqitoes getting into water bowls. :oops:

How do the people bunnies cope with water in a bowl?

I think if iI did this for oglet, it would be all on the floor in a second :lol:

Back