• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

About the pirated bunny care book, for your info, thanks for your co-operation

cocoa3c

New Kit
Hello All,

I may know some of you, but I never properly introduced myself. My name is Arlette and I mainly frequent alt.pets.rabbits on Usenet, disabled rabbits and companionrabbits AU on the Yahoo groups, and Ontario Rabbit Education Org in Canada. This group was suggested to me by a fellow apr'er, thanks Tony!

It looks like you've got a great forum here.
I just wanted to update you about the pirated rabbit care book and what happens in the process. Thanks for reading.

I just got this post from my disabled rabbits group to pass on.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

With the permission of Lucile Moore and Kathy Smith, I'm cross-posting this. Someone has pirated their books, has been downloading them and are offering them online so I'm reaching out to all the e-groups to help. This may off-topic but need to get the word out that this is wrong. Please pass on to other lists you may belong to.

Thanks
Jenna

Hello Everyone -

This last week I learned that "When Your Rabbit Needs Special Care" and "A House Rabbit Primer" had been pirated and were being offered as free downloads.

I need your help. If you know who has done this, please ask them to stop. I understand that whoever copied the books and offered them online probably thought they were helping rabbits by offering the information free.

However, it does not help rabbits; it ends up harming them. Because if the publisher does not make enough money on books to cover his costs and give a little profit, he will stop publishing them and refuse other rabbit projects in the future.

Additionally, it harms the rabbit rescue organizations and and rabbit businesses who are able to purchase at a discount and make a small profit reselling them. If they don't make a little profit, they will quit carrying them.

It harms me too, although not as much as the above two, because I am on the bottom here to begin with. I want to share with everyone on TNR what I actually make on my rabbit books. I received my royalties this last week. For six months and two rabbit books I made $202.67. Obviously I am unable to pay many bills with this amount. I truly write these books for love of rabbits.

While there are a few lucky people in the creative arts (that is, writers, artists, dancers, and musicians)who make big money, the vast majority of us struggle to survive on the very bottom financially.

Whether it is my books, or Kathy's, or Nancy's or Evonne's
Art or anyone's creative work - please give us the chance to do what we do best - please don't take advantage of pirated creative works.

I would appreciate anyone who belongs to other rabbit lists cross-posting this.

Thanks for listening, and thanks Evonne for your permission to post about this -

Lucile

Thank you for your post. I would post this in the section "Rabbit Chat", as this thread is more for rabbit health issues. :)

Also, thank you for bringing this to our attention. While I think it might be a bit strong to say that a publisher would deny any further rabbit projects because of one incident, the online version should be taken down if it was posted illegally.

Thanks again, and keep spreading the word!

(P.S. Many of us already own these great books! I pass on my support, as "When Your Rabbits Need Special Care" has already helped me tremendously :))

I have to say that I was surprised to see this book available to download online in full. Someone posted a link to it here last week. Seemed weird when the book is so new.

I have actually got the book too and think that most people would prefer to own a book rather than try and download it.

I think it's sad that people get ripped off in this way.

Back