• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thump Thump Thump

Status
Not open for further replies.

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
We have two french lops staying at the moment, they have been before and never been a problem. The other night at 3.50am, I was woken to thump, thump thump. Looked out the window and triggered security light but no, nothing there. Went down to check them over and everything o.k but it was the male bun thumping. Topped hay up went back to bed - thump thump thump.

Got up at 6.30am as couldn't sleep with thumping noise. Took male bun out and checked him over again as he had had stasis the week before he came to us so wanted to check he wasn't thumping in pain. Nope everything o.k.

Had breakfast and put him and his wifey in a run at 8am. It was a nice day and as one of us would be home all day, left them out until 6.30pm. Went to put them back in the hutch and found them both curled up fast asleep in the hay box in the run:roll: They never made a noise that night, all that exercise had worn them out:lol: ;)

:lol::lol::lol: Well you know what you have to do now to stop them thumping. :lol::lol:

May be there have been foxes in the area, so they were thumping out of fear, even in built up areas like yours foxs still exist. My wife and I have seen foxes near where we live , they seem to be quite fat as they are urban foxes, When the foxes were near us were around my two thumped eventhough they were safe indoors behind metal doors, in my garage. Rabbits are exstreamly sensitive to the smell of foxes

Bramble has been doing some foot stomping lately too, and I still can't work out what that was for. Maybe all the buns are trying to comunicate with each other! :lol:

Bramble has been doing some foot stomping lately too, and I still can't work out what that was for. Maybe all the buns are trying to comunicate with each other! :lol:

Like the dogs in 101 dalmations??? Buns all over the world are joining paws, and all going to revolt against the Easter Bunny frenzy this weekend :)

Like the dogs in 101 dalmations??? Buns all over the world are joining paws, and all going to revolt against the Easter Bunny frenzy this weekend :)

:lol:

Sooty thumps for no reason and any reason - she does it when you tickle her ears, when she gets put in her hutch or when you feed her parsley. Some buns just like thumpin :D

My daughter tells me ours thump and nothing appears to be around too but she did say that they can smell preditors before seeing them.

Definitely no foxes around, have seen no site of one here in all the time we've lived here. We dont get so much as a cat, just the donkey braying and **** crowing up the road every now and again in the summer. It's one reason why people use us, because we are secure, no one can get in or out unless we let them and we are security lit too. They do seem to have quietened down since their mammoth exercise session:D

We saw a fox on Snape hill road a few days before we came to NZ , it just crossed the road in front of our car.
where we are in Darton we have security lights too and have seen alsorts set it off , we too have a secure back garden but yes they can jump walls and hedges you know? But I am glad they have stopped thumping our neighbours would hate it if ours did that all night lol

yes Ivor I have a brain and am aware they can jump:roll:, though I wish them luck with the dogs on all sides several houses along:roll: It was probably on their way to the marshes at the back of Snape Hill. You should have popped in and said hello:lol::lol::lol:

Good for you - amazing isn't it we've lived here as long as we have and have never ever seen one, yet we dog walk and pet sit and live in the area, yet you pass through and there is suddenly one right in front of you - I dont think so

My buns were thumping last week and I thought the dreaded Mr F was back again... when I looked out there was a hedgehog snuffling around the patio. :shock:

I saw one in Monk Bretton in a busy built up area at about 2am a few months back

And I saw one in the horse's field in Darfield, in the fielded area, in broad daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back