• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Renamed- Bonding Strawberry

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Strawberry is persistant in his need to sniff snowdrops bum and she is determined now to let him so they are now constantly chasing round and round in circles.At this rate both them and me are never gonna get any sleep and im thinking it might be stressing snowdrop too much.

They are in an NIC set-up so should I put a quick divide down the middle for tonight or am I best to let them continue?

Last edited:
New bond yes?

Clap your hands and loudly shout no!

In my experience chasing in circles will end up in a fight. You need to stop them but not separate otherwise you will be taking a step back. Its a toughy but it may mean you have to supervise overnight...

I'd confine their space and try them for a bit longer.
How about sleeping with them :lol:

PS - the other thing to try is reduce the space - the chasing will come to a head and hopefully stop if there is no room to run - but be ready to make sure she doesn't turn on him. He probably needs to get his humping out of his system and she, I'm afraid, is just going to have to let him.

Cross post with Spider :lol:

I am sleeping with them. Its a new bond yes, i only put them together this afternoon. We only got her this morning though and im worried I am stressing her too much with the travelling, a new envirnoment and then bonding.

I havnt seen her eat much yet so i have decided to put a divide in for tonight while I make sure she is eating and pooing and to give her time to settle then start the process again tomorrow.

I think if she was less nervous it would be fine, she is running everytime strawbs comes near her and its making him chase her which is stressing her out.

Put them into a smaller area. When I was bonding Tim and Nia the space was too big and I had the same problem. I phoned Jill(honeybunny) in a panic and she advised me to put them in a pet carrier and walk about a bit with it and then transfer them from it into a smaller space than they were in before. Worked a charm!!:)

I am sleeping with them. Its a new bond yes, i only put them together this afternoon. We only got her this morning though and im worried I am stressing her too much with the travelling, a new envirnoment and then bonding.

I havnt seen her eat much yet so i have decided to put a divide in for tonight while I make sure she is eating and pooing and to give her time to settle then start the process again tomorrow.

I think if she was less nervous it would be fine, she is running everytime strawbs comes near her and its making him chase her which is stressing her out.

Don't blame you ! At least they will still be next to each other. Good luck tomorrow x

Okay, fair enough, agree with your decision.
What space are you bonding them in?

Thanks. The area was 3 cubes by 2 so i will reduce it to 2 by 2 and give them another hour. If they continue chasing then i will spilt for tonight and try again tomorrow.Its too late now to put them in the carrier as my OH has work in the morning but I will be up early so will have a full day with them tomorrow and then def wont spilt overnight.

Good idea about the divide for tonight. Let her have a good nights rest.

Rabswood

Snowdrop has eaten half a carrot and some pellets over night and done some poo's so have removed the divide and put them both in a 3 grid by 2 grid enclosure, and we are back to lots and lots of chasing. He just wont leave her alone and is constantly trying to hump her.

Is this amount of chasing and humping ok? They are going round and round in circles and im am clapping loudlyand shouting no to make them stop! Will she eventually stop running and give in to him? She is putting her head down alot and he is rubbing his chin all over her.

does she have a box she can run into/on top of to get away from him? i have a carrier with a mat on top in my cage and when Alvin gets too much for pearl she will sit ontop of it and he forgets all about his advances

No she doesnt at the minute as i was told not to put anything in that they may get territorial about. She was groomin him earlier and let him flop out next to her. She is such a chilled out bunny whereas Strawberry is into everything- including her!

No she doesnt at the minute as i was told not to put anything in that they may get territorial about. She was groomin him earlier and let him flop out next to her. She is such a chilled out bunny whereas Strawberry is into everything- including her!

ooooooh its bonding sorry i thought it was just an every day thing :oops::oops:

i do hope it works out, Alvin had a failed bonding because the female bun refused to let him be the dominant one.. they had a really bad fight :(

sending loads of fall inlove vibes for them xxx

Thanks. She is definately not bothered about being dominant, she just doesnt like him humping her so runs away! The sooner she gives in so he can get it out of his system the better!

I am sure bonding the two boys was easier than this! Its horrible to watch them chasing each other! They wont be separated all day today or overnight now so hopefully they will sort it out today. She is getting bolder and is having a hop about whereas last night so wouldnt budge from the same spot!

WE HAVE GROOMING!!! Strawberry has flopped out next to Snowdrop and she is now grooming him! It wont last long before he tries to mount her again but I think we are making a little progress!

My two have been together just over a week and Pebble still humps him in the morning! :roll:

I feel quite lucky sounds like my two where easy to bond x x

I though these would be easy but Strawberry is determined to be in charge and Snowdrop is determined to be a mardy devil and sit and sulk in a corner! Hoping she will come out of herself in a few days, at the min she totally ignores me!

Back