• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny has hurt her leg :(

dayle_x

Mama Doe
I'm really having bad luck today. I had Millie on my knee and she dived up in the air and fell on the concrete floor. Now she won't stand on it. Its her back right leg. Shes just hopping around on it. A trip to the vets?

Definitely. If it's broken, you'll need to get it secured as soon as possible, and bunny is probably in a lot of pain. I would go ASAP.

my bunny

I'm really having bad luck today. I had Millie on my knee and she dived up in the air and fell on the concrete floor. Now she won't stand on it. Its her back right leg. Shes just hopping around on it. A trip to the vets?

thats exactly what happened to my bunny:lol:, but the vets couldn't do anything about it, and it didn't hurt much to crystal bun, but still she won't stand on it:(

thats exactly what happened to my bunny:lol:, but the vets couldn't do anything about it, and it didn't hurt much to crystal bun, but still she won't stand on it:(

That sounds a bit strange, surely if it didn't hurt she would stand on it?

Any news?

Rabswood

How is millie this morning?

Still not putting any weight on it. I can't get her to the vets until wednesday! Given her lots of blankets so she can rest on them. I'm a bit worried though as she has just been bonded to a group of five who have finally settled. Will it be ok to seperate them for the vet trip?

Still not putting any weight on it. I can't get her to the vets until wednesday! Given her lots of blankets so she can rest on them. I'm a bit worried though as she has just been bonded to a group of five who have finally settled. Will it be ok to seperate them for the vet trip?

Why is she not at the vets till wed? would you not go doctors if you fell and couldnt put weight on your leg?

Take her now.
If she has broken/fractured it, it could aggrivate and make it more awkward to repair. She must be in a LOT of pain to STILL not be able to put weight on it.

If it happened last night, and she isnt seeing a vet until tomorrow... surely the vet wont be able to help? It will be too late and her leg wont be able to be repaired :(

Is it transport issues? Maybe someone on here is local to you??

If it happened last night, and she isnt seeing a vet until tomorrow... surely the vet wont be able to help? It will be too late and her leg wont be able to be repaired :(

Is it transport issues? Maybe someone on here is local to you??

It wont be tommorow its tue :(

I'm in the middle of my work experience. I'll have to get my nan to take her then while i'm at work. I did ring vets up yesterday and they said leave it a day to see if she starts putting weight on it again

I'm in the middle of my work experience. I'll have to get my nan to take her then while i'm at work. I did ring vets up yesterday and they said leave it a day to see if she starts putting weight on it again

It is a valid reason to go into work exp later than normal.
Even make up the hours on a weekend if need be!
I would get a different vet if yours did not want to see her the same day.

The rabbit needs a vet asap. Rabbits hide pain and discomfort, this a 'programmed' into them because they are prey animals, she is probably in agony.

Hilarious! :?

Same thing again, your rabbit is probably hiding their discomfort.

One of my rabbits, Inky, broke his toe a couple of years ago. He hid the pain so well that I didn't take him to the vets for about 48 hours. Even though it has healed quite well (although not straight), I still feel really guilty about it and I wish I had taken him earlier.

Take your rabbit to the vet today, ring your work experience and tell them that you have a migraine and can't go.

Bunny does need to see a vet asap and don't lie to your work experiance, tell them the truth they will understand or get your Nan to go to the vets, either way please do it today.

Sorry haven't been on in a while. I did take bunny to vets and she was given an anti inflammatory, and to go back tomorrow for maybe another one and they might xray her to tell if she has broken it. They said because shes eating/drinking as normal and starting to put a bit of weight on it that its less likely shes broken it.
Does this sound about right?

Back