• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

lauramc888

Warren Scout
Hi I cant find anywhere that gives advice about how to go about bonding bunnies, i already have 2 but was thinking of another and how i would go about bonding them.

depends

Hi I cant find anywhere that gives advice about how to go about bonding bunnies, i already have 2 but was thinking of another and how i would go about bonding them.
it depends on what time you get it, because you have 2 get all the rabbits you want in the same week!! otherwise the bun that comes in after the others have bonded, will get bullied because the other buns will think its their territory (which it is).:)

it depends on what time you get it, because you have 2 get all the rabbits you want in the same week!! otherwise the bun that comes in after the others have bonded, will get bullied because the other buns will think its their territory (which it is).:)

It's not true that you need to get all the rabbits at the same time. :) The thread linked to up above explains that bonding needs to take place on neutral territory and also explains how to neutralise the space the buns have previously lived in. ;)

i already have 2bunnies that ive had for the last 2 and half years, they are both females (sisters) Just spoke to my man about getting another hehe he hasnt said no yet'!! but hes concerned that if i get another 1, salt and pepper wont get on with it and then what do we do!! ive emailed kareen at fife rabbit rescue, will see what she says. If salt and pepper bonded no problem with a new bunny it would be great. I cant say salt and pepper are particularly all huggy, they tend to eat and lie down apart when out in the garden, though maybe they are different in the hut at night and snuggle up.

Back