• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zebedee's fallen - advice please

*Bex*

Mama Doe
I had Zebedee on the table cleaning up his eye as it was a bit goopy today when he took a massive dive and landed on his back on the floor :cry:

He got up and seemed fine but when i checked him he has got a split on the inside of his lip which was bleeding (stopped now) and that part of his lip is a bit swollen.

Should he see the vet today? Im just a bit concerned if the split gets an infection in. Im taking him tomorrow anyway to have his teeth looked at.

Plus i think i found the start of a sore hock too :cry:

hmmm.. how are his teeth.. and is he eating and drinking.

If he has hit his mouth on the floor you will need to check his incisors to make sure they have not been knocked loose. I would also have his jaw checked!

if he appears fine in himself then tomorrow should be okay, but only you can tell really.can you gently touch round his mouth and see if any teeth look damaged?

poor zebby!

He's eating ok and his teeth don't seem wobbly. I rang the vet for advice and he said he should be ok til morning.
His poor lip is all swollen though :(

Poor boy :(

I would think he should be OK until the morning.

Let us know how he gets on

Rabswood

hmmmmmm

i think it should be ok, but take her to the vets anyway!! i wouldn't be to sure! send my wishes to him!:D:lol:

Vet says his lip is ok, just bruising, its gone down a lot over night luckily.
But as soon as that goes down i have take him for another dental. Its only 5 weeks since his last :cry:

Back