• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help two entire bucks mating

Hi,

We have just put our two males in together for a spell so our indoor mini lop stu can enjoy the outside in this lovely weather. Our outdoor Lion head Snowy straight away climbed on and set to (so to speak) can this do any harm? this was followed by them swapping over, they are now running round and round the run playing chase. At what point do i intervene?

Lesley

Two entire Bucks will fight and serious harm can be the result.
Same applies if they are neutered and not bonded. If this is the situation then any introduction needs to be done in a small neutral area away from the scent or sight of other Rabbits. Some 'dominance mounting' is normal during the bonding process but it can be the trigger to a serious fight if neither Buck will submit to being 'Beta Bunny'

Finally are you certain of the sex of the two you have put together? If not and neither are neutered the result will be a pregnancy.

Last edited:
yep both boys... why is that unusual...

Stu, was trying to mate with the cat this morning... he isn't quite one yet about 10 months old...

ok half an hour in Snowy is now lying down, while Stu has mounted him, I am positive they are both boys.... No agression so far!

Last edited:
have they been together before? as jane said males will fight (to the death sometimes) if not castrated and brought up together.If they have not been together before i would split them now!

They have been together before in the house... the same thing always happens it's just a sex fest....

Snowy very laid back is now nearly 4, he is just lying down no trying to catch some rays while stu nuzzles up to him...

Thanks a million everyone. I have split them up....

Stu enjoying sunshine from the comfort of his cage, we will work out some other method for him to get a run on the grass...

Thanks a million everyone. I have split them up....

Stu enjoying sunshine from the comfort of his cage, we will work out some other method for him to get a run on the grass...

Why don't you just get them neutered, then they can be happy together. My two boys used to hump all the time. I had them neutered about six weeks ago and now they are so cute together :love: They wash each other and sleep snuggled together.

Back