• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rudy Roo is staying over at the vets (again) U/D home and *hopefully* back to normal

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Roo was refusing food at 11 am and was out of sorts (but not shuffling and in pain as 28 days ago when he last had a stasis type episode). The vets do an open consultation session between 2 & 3 pm so of course I trundled him off for 2.00 pm... wondering if I should monitor him for longer, but daren't.

Anyhow, nothing to find at the examination, X-rays showed nothing in particular. He was given his meds and monitored. He was still refusing food so got a syringe full food off the nurse.

I've just had a phone call to say he's just eaten a bowl full of veg :love::love::love:

Of course my heart missed a beat when I saw the number come up on the phone but I'm so pleased they rang to tell me, I didn't realise how worried I was until I got the call. I just hope he eats hard food between now and 10 am but he hasn't had a gradual slowdown, so I think he will. I wish I knew what was causing it though :?

*runs off to tell Tink her husbun's eaten his tea*

Last edited:
Awwh bless him :) Tink will be pleased im sure :)

Sending lots of get well vibes for him :) xXx

Well, he's home but he is not himself :(

He sat looking miserable for the first fifteen minutes then he wandered around a bit. He's just let Tinks eat a pile of dandelions that he knew was there and didn't try to join in. He's now sniffed a piece of carrot but not tried to eat it :cry::cry::cry:

I'm suspecting he only ate because of painkillers - teeth maybe? He ate Excel this morning though so presumably he felt okay then :?

I've got this awful feeling he will need to go back again! Poor Roo:cry::cry:

He just took a while to settle back in bless him. The journey back was awful as there were loads of people wanting to spend a sunny Sunday in the countryside cluttering up the roads :roll:

He's eating everything again now and watching my every move in case I have more food for him.... he's also resumed his grooming duties :lol::lol:

He's just not bothered with the Excel, which he loves, but eaten the greens :?

He was begging relentlessly last night so I'm puzzled. I think I'd better just keep a close eye on him. If he does need a dental I just wish it was more obvious, it's stressful 'not being sure'. (For him too though, I suppose).

Awwww, I don't know what to suggest Alison :( but as you know I'm in the same boat with Bubbles - I know she will probably need another dental at some point and I'm trying to pick up on signs early but, if it's anything like her last one, I know it's going to be hard to tell until it's quite late on. :(

I think any change in eating patterns should be a cause for concern, but it may just be the after effects of whatever was going on in the last couple of days. Did the vet check his teeth yesterday?

Did the vet check his teeth yesterday?

Not while I was there! He said they were okay a month ago, but of course a lot can happen in a month. I will ask when I take Esme in today. Last time Rudy had a dental there was nothing to see before he stopped eating. I don't want him to completely stop but the thing is I'm so paranoid these last months I sometimes wonder if I pick up on things that aren't really there :? He's definitely not right though... but he is eating a fair bit and the way he was begging last night he was definitely in good spirits. He knows I'm watching him eat, you can see the disapproval on his face :roll:

Back