• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Didnt know Rabbits malted

tracy08

Warren Scout
Prob spelt it wrong lol but hey -ho

Thumper looks like hes been dragged through a bush back wards and forth. I need to get a proper grooming brush. Didnt know they did this. But they are diff breeds :shock:

moulting? :lol:
They moult to get their different coats... winter coats and summer coats...
too keep them warm and to make sure they dont overheat? :)
i groom mine everyday so far, and the furr that has come out! wow.. :shock:

Prob spelt it wrong lol but hey -ho

Thumper looks like hes been dragged through a bush back wards and forth. I need to get a proper grooming brush. Didnt know they did this. But they are diff breeds :shock:

It is completely normal for them to moult :) Can you imagine what Toffee looks like at the moment :lol: (Look at my siggie - he is an utter ball of fluff!! :love:)
I enjoy giving him a helping hand though, he loves the cuddles :)

moulting? :lol:
They moult to get their different coats... winter coats and summer coats...
too keep them warm and to make sure they dont overheat? :)
i groom mine everyday so far, and the furr that has come out! wow.. :shock:

Hilly is moulting (horse) and i had a good go at her coat today and the fur that came out :shock: Looks like th yard floor has a brown carpet!

Hilly is moulting (horse) and i had a good go at her coat today and the fur that came out :shock: Looks like th yard floor has a brown carpet!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh dear! Well my living room was full of fur this evening when me and my mum groomed all three bunnies :lol:
it also doesnt help having a dog who moults every second! Her fur doesnt know how to stay on :lol:

Although Tika is a Nethie and small she moults more than her hubby Harvey! She is a Simese Sable Doe and gets a lovely chocolate coloured coat for winter. For summer she is almost blonde! Lovely! :love:

Basils got a bald but at the moment:roll: I'm keeping an eye on Twinkle because she grooms Milo, and I don't want her getting a bad tum:?

:lol::lol: knew id get it wrong

I was shocked, or maybe im just more dumb than i thought :lol: (dont comment) hehe

Going to go and see if i can get a little brush tomorrow. Its really really bad. Oh well nice pillow for me then

Ohho yes, there's always plentiful fur during a moult :lol:

Randomly, does anyone know the best way to wash a soft-bristled grooming brush (don't want to get Luna's scent on new bunny pair) or should I just buy a new brush?

My two are both moulting madly - especially Alfie. He's got little whiteish patches on his back because near the roots of his fur it's white; he looks really tatty. :lol::lol: Bubbles has just got a dark line round her bottom and a 'v' on her back.

Bailey is a scruff pot at the mo! :lol: He is maulting, he has a white patch on his back :lol:

Back