• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shocked at all the grass

tracy08

Warren Scout
Been looking through pics of your lovely buns in there runs etc, and omg how come they have so much grass mine has all been eaten i will take a photo tomorrow and show you my garden i wouldnt mind but i move the run all over the garden as they dont have a set one yet. And they even have hay and dont bother eating it just my grass, it cost me £400 to have it turffed and its all gone :shock::lol:

Our grass is sooo long and the bun has free range for 2 - 3 hours a day - makes no difference to the length of grass! Still long!

wish mine was. Its not fair :(

Im going to grow some any way as we are moving in three weeks and they wont be on the grass when we move, they also dont really eat hay. And act lke they are never ever ever fed. Getting a bit daft now with this eating thing

We haven't had to cut the grass since about August, but the bunnies haven't managed to eat it all yet. I don't know if it makes a difference but our grass is more like a meadow - full of weeds and stuff. :oops::lol: Maybe it's more hardwearing. :?

My grass has gone to pot since having the bun's! I used to have nice long grass but I haven't needed to mow it since Aug when I got my original two bun's. I have, this week, been putting down grass seed and re-turfing some really bald patches in the hope that the grass will look a little better!! (who am I fooling?)

Our buns are a god send as far as the lawn goes. We recently took out all the flowers and turfed the borders to give them more grass which means no more weeding for me. They only get free range time when Im at home so they are out just enough to keep on top of the grass without ruining it. I love not having to mow :D.

Our grass is bare!! Was all going fine until we needed to 'strip graze' Ozzy lol coz he had a bad leg and could only go in small spaces, so it started as rectangle patches moved every day and now the whole lawn is gone haha

I feed mine a carrier bag full of the long grass from a local park, most days.
They graze a little on the lawn but not much. They prefer the long stuff :)

We have a little grass box (2ftx1ft) and our four legged mowers eat it in a day and it's got to come back out for a week or so to let it regrow

My garden looks terrible! It's stripped bare by them!! I'm going to sow some more grass seed this week, and plant grass in pots too. My neighbours will hate me, because I have a huge front garden that I don't risk putting the rabbits on (Ithink they would be pinched) so I let that grass grow and pick that for them. Everyone else has tidy front lawns, mine looks like a meadow!

Back