• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VERY quiet bunny :( U/D Yay!!!!!!

Princess Jess*

Warren Scout
I'm quite worried about Marmite today...he seems really down :cry: He's really quiet and just sitting right at the back of his run!! So unlike him!! When I lift the lid...he always coming hopping over for a head rub or on the hope to get out...but he's just sitting at the back and ignoring me :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Have you tried offering a treat? if he's not interested, it's time for a trip to the vets

Yep :( He took a nibble and went back to the same spot at the back of the run :( he's eaten normally all day...and I think he's pooed :oops:

He doesn't sound right. It could be the start of gut stasis or something. I would get him to a vets

very quiet bunny

have you got any cats around? does he live on his own? if he does he would get very lonely! is old at all? hope this helps xxx:)

RE

i read in a rabbit care book that they shouldn't be ever on their own!! because they will be sad, which i think is affecting your rabbit quite alot, if he had a friend like mine they would be really happy!!:D hope he's ok! xxx

He is going to have a friend...but I'm waiting to have her spayed before bonding them!!!! I am aware that they should be in pairs...hence why I have got him a companion!!!!

!

well done! but beware, you have 2 have the rabbits together in a week! otherwise the old rabbit will think its his own territory, so it savage the other rabbit!! good luck! :D

well done! but beware, you have 2 have the rabbits together in a week! otherwise the old rabbit will think its his own territory, so it savage the other rabbit!! good luck! :D

Are you suggesting she puts the rabbits together a week after the girl is spayed?

Haha!! I'm glad you asked that question bunnyfriend...cos I was a bit unsure!! I was thinking atleast 2-3 weeks after her spay!

Haha!! I'm glad you asked that question bunnyfriend...cos I was a bit unsure!! I was thinking atleast 2-3 weeks after her spay!

Well, I am sure you know what you are doing!!! It depends on the bun but I would personally recommend 4 weeks to allow her hormones to die down. I introduced a female to a neutered male 2.5 weeks after she was spayed as she was SO unhappy and lonely. They got on straight away :)

Ah ha!! I was going to put them in neutral territory 3 weeks post-op and then move them into shed/run after 4-7 days :D It will be lovely to have them together!! xx

I never had a problem putting my two (Charlie and Autumn) back together post op. they were bonded 6 weeks previous had two weeks apart ( I think Charlie was secretly glad as Autumn humped him lots!!) and went back together really easily.

:( I'm still worried about Marmite :(

He seems very quiet in his hutch and I've just been out to give him some carrot...to cheer him up and he wasn't interested!!! :shock: Soooo shocked as it's his favourite and he'll eat anything even when he's filled his belly!!

Maybe take him to the emergency vet? they can go downhill very fast.. I lost my Eclipse over night and that was with vet treatment :cry::cry:

Back