• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At what age can you sex buns?

kerry-123

Mama Doe
I wanna say six weeks? Is that right? Just wondering for my little ones I can't really sex them to be honest so might get the vet or something to do it to be certain.

Depends how good you are at telling.
I know some who can sex them when they're newborn :shock:-
I can normally tell when they are between 4-6 weeks, depends on how developed the kit is.
In my own litter I found that Niko was a boy when he was only 3-4 weeks, but I thought his brothers were his sisters till they were 6 weeks old:roll: I tended to find another boy every time I looked XD (in the end it turned out all four were male)

Well if it helps they may have had sisters too when they were born, but sadly I lost 8 little bunnies before they turned 2 weeks old:cry:

:shock: Thats awful :( so sorry :( I've to check on the buns again today to make sure all is well I really hope they're all okay

Back