• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

attatched Run concerns

Michelle666

Mama Doe
Hi all, my two contis live in a huge 10ft x 7ft kennel and run, which is great, as they have a huge amount of space and can be inside or outside when ever they want.

When my OH built it we made the run space lined with chicken mesh which is attatched to the outside, so nothing can get in or out then covered it in soil and grass...well the grass lasted a week and now their favourite hobbie is digging some fantastic tunnels :roll:

I dont mind the digging as i know there is no way they can get out, but im a little concerned as to how dirty they may get. Ive just been outside and their not that bad, just dirty feet.

I dont know what to do, do i leave them as they seem to be having fun or do i take it out and concrete the whole thing. I would feel mean then :(

any suggestions?!

Nope noway....the mess goes right under the soil (which is 2ft deep) and then wraps up the side the run, and is screwed in around the side! - very hard to explain, but OH has made that very animal proof, that i have no concerns with that at all!

Back