• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it spring fever? UD It's getting worse - please help:o(

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Well Zion and Zara have been together 2 weeks now and have been out in the playhouse for almost a week.

Most of the time they appear bonded to me - they sit together on the upstairs shelf, they happily share food and they even groom eachother.

But sometimes Zion will just NOT let her be and chases her and pulls fur :? :( This is so different to the Zion who was bonded with Fia - he never did anything like that with Fia :(

I am wondering if he is just tolerating her and they're not actually bonding. I have kept them in the playhouse only to try and firm up the bond which most of the time seems to be the case. I did give them a go of the run which Zara loved but Zion turned on her and kept chasing her back into the playhouse. Grrrrr this is getting so frustrating and I feel sorry for Zara :(

Any thoughts? I guess if they're still grooming and there is no injuries I just need to persevere....

Last edited:
It's getting worse. Zion is definately ruling the roost and won't let Zara eat from the same litter trays as him which pretty much takes up the whole lower floor of the playhouse.

I don't know what else I can do. They are absolutely fine together upstairs but downstairs Zion just nips her and chases her. I have sprayed water and made noises but nothing deters him :( It's really hard for me to try and shut them in a small space downstairs as I have nothing to shut them in with and I can't change the layout of the playhouse because there is no other way to have it!

I drenched the place in white vinegar but I guess thats not enough when a bunny has lived somewhere for 3 years.

Is this couple just not working out? Should I give her back to the rescue? :(

Please help :(

Can you try and remove the litter tray from the downstairs for a bit and see what happens.

I guess so. Will just ahve to deal with the consequences after I guess.

Thanks hun was getting desperate :) Will let you know.

Back