• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good vibes please - bonding a trio

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
right the bonding has began. Alf, lottie and bruno. Lots of little bickers between bruno and alf but nothing major.. ! They keep picking on lottie though which is a bit worrying.. I have put her in the run for a bit. Within the males as they really need to sort it without her first! They can still see her, and she isn't bothered. (isn't aggresive type) just laying down now. I need lots of vibes this isn't going to be easy x

please can someone reply to this! I now cant stop them fighting :( i have had to separate as bruno wont stop going for alf!. Please help, urgent

chasing that ends up with them flying on top of each other! Cant see much teeth but its hard to tell happens fast and is a lino floor so slippery!

TBH there is little point in bonding the two boys and then putting the female in. Best to bond all in one go.

Presume they're all neutered? And that you're introducing them somewhere neutral?

ok thats my guilt. As felt sorry for her lol.. All neutered and ill in neutral territory

I understand why but the dynamic changes each time you add a new bunny so you'll realistically be doing 2 complete bondings rather than one!

Why not separate them all tonight, have a good night's sleep and start afresh in the morning - in a different, small neutral territory.

Hope it works out x

i cant as there is no where neutral left now. Bruno is a house bunny. Was going to disinfect the hutch and then put them outside after atleast 24 hours of bonding in here.. Bruno is in a cage in the same little room as lottie and alf, who are together, im going to leave them overnight, disinfect the kitchen and try again in the morn.

i cant as there is no where neutral left now. Bruno is a house bunny. Was going to disinfect the hutch and then put them outside after atleast 24 hours of bonding in here.. Bruno is in a cage in the same little room as lottie and alf, who are together, im going to leave them overnight, disinfect the kitchen and try again in the morn.

They will have to be in the same area at least 72 hours, without being moved.
How much space have they got? I bonded a trip in a 4ft x 2ft space.

ok thats fine. I can leave them in longer. They have atleast 6ft by 3 ft. Thats my kitchen. X

Is there anyway you can section off just half of the kitchen?
scatter feed don't use bowls, have more than one watter bottle/bowl and no litter trays at the moment.

yes i can put brunos cage in there and leave it shut, or do you think he will be protective near it? Do you think smaller is better. What should i expect, allow them to do.?

yes i can put brunos cage in there and leave it shut, or do you think he will be protective near it? Do you think smaller is better. What should i expect, allow them to do.?

If you can fully disinfect all of brunos cage with vinegar, including all the bars, it should not be a problem, i think smaller is better than bigger when bonding.

Back