• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Run Combo Recommendations

lh_111

New Kit
Hiya. Could anyone recommend a good hutch / run combo for my buns when they are rebonded after neutering (will be 6 weeks Easter weekend). I was hoping for a 5x2x2 with attached 5 x 5 or 5 x 6 run. I have only been able to find 5 x 4 runs (online). I was ideally wanting a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch, but after getting out the tape measure, found it will block our back gate, and so would like to increase the run size to compensate. I would ideally like a hinged door on the side so the buns can have access to the garden when supervised, but I can get round this if need be (most I have seen just have hinged roof on the run). I know sheds are recommended a lot on here, but as we are renting and are hoping to move and buy soon, its something I'd rather wait for, and need a more portable hutch solution for the time being! Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

x

That style, yes, but I'd like a 5 foot width, not 4 foot. Any 5 foot ones I have seen seem to lose the nice big run. Its driving me potty!

Thankyou x

Hiya. Could anyone recommend a good hutch / run combo for my buns when they are rebonded after neutering (will be 6 weeks Easter weekend). I was hoping for a 5x2x2 with attached 5 x 5 or 5 x 6 run. I have only been able to find 5 x 4 runs (online). I was ideally wanting a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch, but after getting out the tape measure, found it will block our back gate, and so would like to increase the run size to compensate. I would ideally like a hinged door on the side so the buns can have access to the garden when supervised, but I can get round this if need be (most I have seen just have hinged roof on the run). I know sheds are recommended a lot on here, but as we are renting and are hoping to move and buy soon, its something I'd rather wait for, and need a more portable hutch solution for the time being! Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

x

It sounds like you have specific needs which may be quite difficult to find an on the shelf model. It would be worth contacting some of the bigger hutch manufacturers and given them the exact details you require and see what they can make you

Kernow hutches, Happy Hutch, Ryedale and also Dawsons will all be able to give you a quote.

Hi

Could you not buy both hutch and run seperately and attatch them? There are plenty of people offering bespoke stuff so you should be able to commission someone if you can't find the exact thing. :)

Back