• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shredding newspaper!

Daphne & Peanut

Alpha Buck
:wave:

I don't know what's come across Daphne lately she has always had her litter tray in the same place and never had any problems with er doing her business in it , but for the last 3-4 weeks she's chucking her tray out into her run and doing her business in the corner where the litter tray was, i'm having to replace the newspaper 3-4 times a day. I'm getting concerned that all the wee is seepig through the hutch and is going to damage it , any ideas what I can do to stop her moving her litter tray and what i could use instead of newspaper that she may not demolish?

Tamsin x

:lol: One of mine is doing that at the moment too, at least I suspect it is one of them. She is also digging all the hay out of their bed onto the floor. don't know what has come over her!

Is there any way to secure the litter pan to the inside of the hutch? Even some basic hooks or something so she can't throw it?

Alternatively, you could fill the bottom with sand and put the normal litter on top of it. That will give the litter pan a lot more weight and make it harder to throw.

Also, give her some other things she can throw! Maybe she's just in the tossing mood and that's all she's got to work with. :lol:

I used to use newspaper. They chew on it. So now I use towel. They pee on the towel, then I change it. I got rid of all the magazine and newspaper in my house that was meant for them in the past.

George my new bun won't stop ripping up newspaper, and its so annoying!
It may be hormonal changes, becuase its spring, but i'm putting it down to boredom, or frustration.
maybe giving her some willow toys, or twigs she can chew on will deter her from ripping it up? It worked with George, until he demolished everything :roll:

Back