• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do Poeple do it?

Isis

Mama Doe
Get their bunnies in from the garden without getting scratched to bits, I have one very long painful scratch along my chest, and one on my left nipple :oops: :oops:, that is very painful..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i have no idea :lol:
our rabbit toffee got used to going in when it got dark as we have a little tunnel leading to our hutch (inside the garage)
But we had our new ones out in the garden today and wow... try and catch them! haha Small and quick :lol::)

Mine are trained to the rattle of a cup of pellets and the command `teatime for bunbuns' :oops:

He's a house bun, so I have to catch him and take him inside without getting scratched.. He's okay to pick up, but as soon as he knows he is going inside, he turns into crazy bunny :lol:

Lucy is a ****** for not coming in. She loves it outside whereas Lola sits sulking on the doorstep.

If we try and get Lucy in we have to chase her, but she now comes in on her own accord if we leave her but a good rattle of the pellet jar always gets them interested!

Mine are indoor bunnies, but when I say "bedybyes", they run into their cages as that's when they get fed. :D

Vera

I think I will try something with food, even at night when he goes to bed. I have trouble getting him into his cage. He gets free range of my bedroom and have been taking him outside for an hour or two when the weather is nice. Would love for him to be outside all the time, but I have to sit with him. As I cannot keep an eye on him from inside.

Like others have said it is all to do with cupboard love, just use their fav treat like banana and only use to get them in.

Marmite is sooooooooooo easy to get in from a run around the garden :D but...Minka is a NIGHTMARE!!! I have to chase her round the garden for ages to get her back in!!

Lottie and George go into the hutch when i take their bowl of veggies out... they then get locked up for the night.

The foster buns all have seperate runs on the grass, my current foster buns have been here 6 months, and 7 months so, when i put the carrier in the run, they hop in and i carry them back to their hutch :) Out of the 4 foster buns, 3 will do this, and 1 runs round like mad and i have to get in the run to get her :lol: xXx

I sometimes have to get the OH to get Amber to come up from her downstairs run. You see i'm the nasty one in her book and she know's what i'm going to do:evil::evil:

He's a house bun, so I have to catch him and take him inside without getting scratched.. He's okay to pick up, but as soon as he knows he is going inside, he turns into crazy bunny :lol:

I used to have that problem with mine - because they were in a run outside they had to be caught and moved, and only my OH could do it and remain relatively unscathed. Would have been so much easier if they would allow themselves to be herded into their carrier, but they hated that even more!

Herd him into a carrier. If you put his most favourite treat in thee he may begin to associate the carrier with a treat and go in willingly at "home" time!! Good luck.:D

Back