• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats up with Jelly?????

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I dont understand.

Shes sitting in the run right down in the dumps. shes just SITTING there. she wont move, shes not binkied (which she does every day lol shes just like that). not gone in the tunnels, dug in the hay,nothing.zilch.

she wont eat pellets, hay, she will eat a little banana chip n thats eat.

Shes not in stasis, i checked her tum and its not hard or bloated.shes been in stasis twice, and this isnt the same.

shes almost...pining?! but peanuts there!!! i dont understand?!

maybe she's just feeling a bit out of sorts with all the trips to the vets?

It might just be time of day - ours just look miffed if they're disturbed in the middle of the day:roll: they'll be racing around like loons soon though:roll:

Hope she perks up soon!

hmmm now im not so sure.

Just went out there n was sittign stroking her, tried to feel her tummy n normally she will jump up and spin round bcus she doesnt like it. today she just flinched and closed her eyes.

Have tried alafala chips, 2 different hays, fresh grass, dandelions, apple (her favorite) and celery which she also loves. nothing.

she will not eat. just gave her some fibreplex, held it near her and she licked it off the end, and she licked a little science recovery off a spoon so im hoping this will kick start anything if there IS a problem.

please dont be stasis jelly, i cant handle anymore!

Sounds like the start of stasis to me.
If she was at the Vets with Peanut yesterday it may have stressed her out.

aaargh u can never get it right can u! :(

if i didnt take her she could have got stressed and missed him. or he cold have missed her.if i did, then she still could.

well, tbh id be suprised if the vet trip has caused this, bcus jelly is the best traveller bunwise. she doesnt tremble like peanut and when you put her on a vet table she gets off and starts binkying round the room :oops:

she just never gets stressed by vets. i think... shes stressed out bcus peanut isnt well. peanut has been very quiet and his leg keeps quivvering and shes constantly next to him.

i think shes upset hes poorly :(

going to go to tescos and get her fave veggies, given her tummy rubs and fibreplex so if she has her fave veggies she may eat on her own. if she doesnt, then ill take her down the vets tonight.

just phoned my mum and she said she saw her eat at 8am this morning when she gave them some breakfast.

She might have been excessively grooming Peanut, because of him being ill.

Do you know if she's pooed?

cant tell because of both of them. i *think* she has.

because PB poos r really tiny n weirdly shapen, vet said they might be after his ordeal yday. and theyre r regular poops too.

so im sure shehas.

shes hopping about now, seems more herself. maybe she just needed that to kick start stuff.. i dont know. keeping a close eye on her.

I used to find with mine that they were in most danger of stasis at about this sort of time, and their tummies used to sometimes kick start themselves (or with help from me) at about 6-7 pm. Fingers crossed x

shes okay. :)

gave her some more fibreplex and massged her tummy, and after about an hour she ate.

once she ate one thing she could stop and ate anything and everything bless her.

i think she got stressed over peanut.

x

i am pretty sure it would have turned into stasis if i hadnt done anything. definatly good to have some fibreplex handy to nip these things in the bud.

sometimes they r too far gone when you notice but if its the beginning sometimes it can save a hefty bill and prevent bun from being in more discomfort :)

yay for jelly!

When I take Bernie to the vet, I never take the other 1 in the car. Because it could stress both of them. So regardless that could be the reason of Jelly not eating, I don't see the logic of some of your guys doing that.

Do you guys take both buns into the clinic or you just take 1 and let the other 1 wait in the car?

When I take Bernie to the vet, I never take the other 1 in the car. Because it could stress both of them. So regardless that could be the reason of Jelly not eating, I don't see the logic of some of your guys doing that.

Do you guys take both buns into the clinic or you just take 1 and let the other 1 wait in the car?

if i am taking one bun for just a consultation, i dont ever take the other one, bcus i dont think theyre that bothered being away from each other for a short period of time.

I havent taken Jelly to any other consults,but she went because he was going in 9am until 6pm at least but there was a big chance he would be staying the night at the vets. if he did have to, we wouldnt be able to get him until 6pm the following day.

They both would have pined for that ammount of time apart. Also it helped peanut when he came round. and Jelly does not get stressed at the vets.

Peanut does, she doesnt.

I do understand what youre saying but i wouldnt take the other just for a consultation for like an hour. but this was different

if its for jabs my pair go together, but if one is poorly i just take the one.. i think people take both buns to keep bonds intact :D

if its for jabs my pair go together, but if one is poorly i just take the one.. i think people take both buns to keep bonds intact :D

yea, tbh none of mine have ever been bothered if the other goes off for an hour, they just dont. probably used to it now.

but i think when i realised it could be a day and a half i thought it would be best if jelly went too. turns out it was 8-7pm they would be apart, but i didnt know that at the time.

anyway, i know it wasnt the vet trip. she wasnt scared. she OPENED (lol @ this!) her carrier and just started wandering round the consultroom. the vets said she didnt have any fear and they loved her character. i think she picked up on peanuts sickness, and was sad.

i really do.

Back