• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like a terrible owner

Rose

Mama Doe
but at least one of the rabbits will have to go outside :cry:

There is no room to move in the room they are now and i will cope better when they are outside. I wasnt going to do this untill they were bonded but it didnt work and will have to put on to hold for a while.

I feel really really terrible, once i have go a hutch i will have to choose how goes outside :cry:

Don't feel too guilty - afterall, where do wild rabbits live? ;) I'm sure you'll give them just as much attention

I just feel bad because they are not bonded, I am thinking of Molly going outside because she is a little more street wise then Jack and nothing fazes her unlike Jack who will hide if i walk past his crate.

I feel like a failure because i am finding it hard to cope with looking after them, my mum even said 'maybe we should rehome them' which i really really do not want to do. I just need to get back into a routine i think

Bunnys can be really happy outside, all 6 of mine are outside buns and they are happy buns. Why don't you bond molly and jack and move them both out for the summer?

awwww hun dont feel bad.. bunnies are happy as long as they are fed watered and spoiled rotten... i think its only us that worry about where that pampering happens ;)

If you're having trouble bonding them, maybe you can get someone to help you out? I don't mean to imply that you aren't experienced, as I have no idea of your bun-past :)lol:), but maybe someone from a rescue or shelter could help you out? That way both bunnies could live outside in harmony!

Might be worth a shot and might be your cheapest solution too.

Are they both spayed and neutered and how old are the buns?

awww hun, i always feel bad as i have one inside, 4 outside. im sure aslong as you give the one outside attention, it will be ok x

I did try and bond them a few weeks back but didnt go very well and Molly ended up almost bald and completely terrified of Jack. I was then advise to leave till spring/summer was over because all though both are neuterd/spayed the time of the year still affects them.

Back