• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will he stop biting when he gets neutered?

William

Wise Old Thumper
Izzy and Jack are getting neutered sometime this month and I'm wondering if getting neutered will cause Jack to stop biting me? Well, its more like nipping actually. Doesn't really hurt or brake the skin but it still doesn't feel very good. I guess he's kinda impatient alot and he has a temper, so like if I'm holding him and he wants to run around he'll nip me to make me put him down. Or if he just gets mad for some other reason (like I;m not paying enough attention to him) he nips me. I tell him bad but he doesn't even seem to care :lol:

So.. I guess neutering doesn't change their personality in any way? I like his personality aside from the getting angry and then nipping me all the time thing that he does. Oh, and also, when they're neutered, do their balls shrivel up and then completely disappear?

splodge was nuetured a few weeks ago now he still nips but has calmed a bit
but like you say he only does it when he wants/doesnt want the attention or im in his way or he wants something but he is still very young too who knows he could just be playing
our other rabbit was never nuetured he just grew out of niping almost completly

Last edited:
most rabbits males or females hate to be taken off the ground (long atavism of being a prey) .. many rabbits nip as well in their cage (territorial) etc...
it's good that you get him neutered in any case, even if his bad habit is unlikely to stop entirely, except perhaps when getting older...

The balls are taken off ; they are bean-shapped form and since they have the possibility to withdraw in the tommy and get out again, as male rabbits do in the wild to avoid castration by other males during fights.. nature works wonder !!!

The balls are taken off ; they are bean-shapped form and since they have the possibility to withdraw in the tommy and get out again, as male rabbits do in the wild to avoid castration by other males during fights.. nature works wonder !!!

ouch ! arent rabbits aware its not honourable to castrate others during a fight

Back