• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG! My rabbit's turned into a little devil!

airymare

Young Bun
My mini lop Olive has become an absolute nightmare over the past couple of weeks! She's spraying everywhere, getting very territorial and started humping my male rabbit (a french lop!) - he's none too pleased! :roll:

She's booked in for her spay on Tuesday and it can't come soon enough! I've had other female rabbits before (years ago when spaying wasn't quite so routine) and have never had to put up with this!

Hurry up Tuesday!

My mini lop Olive has become an absolute nightmare over the past couple of weeks! She's spraying everywhere, getting very territorial and started humping my male rabbit (a french lop!) - he's none too pleased! :roll:

She's booked in for her spay on Tuesday and it can't come soon enough! I've had other female rabbits before (years ago when spaying wasn't quite so routine) and have never had to put up with this!

Hurry up Tuesday!

lol yes it can be worse if there is a male around too unfortunatly as rabbits ovulate when stimulated by a male, rather than in cycles. best of luck be warned it wil ltke several weeks after spay adn recovery for her to calm down. and make sure they go in together and recover together dont split them up as they will often fight after if split as bond gets broken. including going into vets together x

:lol::lol:
Yup that sounds very familiar, Daisy was nightmare with phantom pregnancies, digging, chewing carpet, ripping wallpaper but the worst was humping Dudley every spare second. Poor little man was so fed up with it! After her spay it has all stopped! I expected it to take a few weeks, but it was virtually instantaneous and she's so loving to Dudley now, there's lots of grooming and snuggling going on :D

Having just had my two boys fixed, I'm very pro-neutering! Isn't it amazing how much hormones can change their personality. I did not expect it to be so bad, but I'm loving my newly fixed buns and their loveliness!

I bet this is why a lot of people give their rabbits away. They start off as sweet little buns then turn into monsters lol. It's a good thing I armed myself with advice from people who know, or I'd have been up the wall by now!

Hope your little bun settles down sooner rather than later. :D

Isn't it amazing how much hormones can change their personality.

In a way I'm missing Daisy's naughtiness she had so much spirit. She used to get really stroppy with me when she wasnt allowed to go in certain rooms, hence the holes in the carpet :lol: but I miss it :? We had also just started to form a stronger bond, she would lay down beside me and let me stroke her for ages but now she keeps her distance :( I dont blame her I still feel bad for playing God and having her spayed, but I know it had to be done :(

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm confident spaying will sort it all out.

You're probably right that for people who don't know about rabbits, it's the reason why so many are ignored at the bottom of the garden or given to rescues. :(

It also doesn't help that she's a mini-lop - they seem to be a very lively breed!

I'd heard that the smaller breeds are livelier. I wasn't sure if it was a rumour or not. We have Polish, so they're about the same size as the Netherland Dwarf and they sure are lively!

Boudicca: maybe Daisy will come around again and want you to stroke her. After all, she's female, therefore moodswings are obligatory. (That's what I tell my husband anyway). ;)

I definitely think smaller breeds are more lively. My male rabbit is a French lop and he's so laid back. He's love nothing more than lying around in the sitting room watching TV!

Olive, on the other hand, is like a coiled spring and a b****r to catch! She never stops! It's good practise for having kids! :lol:

My boyo has started being quite naughty the last couple of days also! I had him neutered last week but its almost like it didn't happen

He's got me out of bed the last two mornings from all the noise he's been making from trashing the kitchen :evil:

Back