• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit freaked out by dog barking.

Zara

Mama Doe
Well, one of our neighbours have one of those yappy dogs that never stops barking, and it's in thier garden a lot. The problem is one of my rabbits, Firefly, is spooked by the constant barking, he'll thump, bury himself in straw in his hutch, stop playing outside, and if i bring him in he just squishes close to me, grunting and thumping.

I tried to act as if everything was normal hoping he'd get used to it, but he's actually starting to get real grumpy now, getting grumpy with poor Batbunny and complaining to me as if it was my fault :roll: . He actually cuddled up with my on my knee on the settee whilst the dog was barking, all curled up in my arms, which ne NEVER usually does.

how can I get him to relax? and how do you deal with overly-bossy/grumpy bunnies? O_O

Back